Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Is there something you wish you could change?

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 7:27 AM
  • 40 Replies
From your birth(s)?
by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 7:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Angela4boys
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 7:32 AM
I really wish I would have tried a home birth with my 5th.

I also wish when I found out that I had a stillborn I would have waited to go into labor naturally, an not had an induction. At the time I couldn't mentally stand waiting. I hemorrhaged from the method of inductions...and live with a lot of what ifs.
LoveMyBug2013
by Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 7:35 AM

I wish I had labored a little quieter.  I was definitely a screamer (no pain meds).

LoveMyBug2013
by Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 7:35 AM

I'm so sorry.  That sounds traumatic.  Also my biggest fear.

Quoting Angela4boys: I really wish I would have tried a home birth with my 5th. I also wish when I found out that I had a stillborn I would have waited to go into labor naturally, an not had an induction. At the time I couldn't mentally stand waiting. I hemorrhaged from the method of inductions...and live with a lot of what ifs.

Hannahsmommy816
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 7:37 AM

requested more pain meds as they stitched me up from dd1's birth. i think i had 10 or so stitches, and felt every one of them. they thought the epi was enough..nope

Angela4boys
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 7:40 AM
Ok, that's interesting. The ones that I delivered without pain meds, i "thought" I screamed and acted horrible. I apologized for acting so horrible and he looked at me like I was nuts and says I was silent and didn't make noises at all???? Seriously could that be in my head? Lol! He swears.

Quoting LoveMyBug2013:

I wish I had labored a little quieter.  I was definitely a screamer (no pain meds).

Angela4boys
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 7:42 AM
Ouch! Ouch, that just makes me cringe.

Quoting Hannahsmommy816:

requested more pain meds as they stitched me up from dd1's birth. i think i had 10 or so stitches, and felt every one of them. they thought the epi was enough..nope

Hannahsmommy816
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 7:46 AM

Quoting Angela4boys: Ouch! Ouch, that just makes me cringe.
Quoting Hannahsmommy816:

yea i was crying the whole time, it was my 1st, i didnt know what was going on or what to do

Angela4boys
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 7:50 AM
As traumatic as it was, I wouldn't change it, if it meant not having had him at all. I just wish I had made a more informed delivery option. At the time it felt so rushed, like I needed to have closure...but waiting it out would have probably given more closure.

Quoting LoveMyBug2013:

I'm so sorry.  That sounds traumatic.  Also my biggest fear.

Quoting Angela4boys: I really wish I would have tried a home birth with my 5th. I also wish when I found out that I had a stillborn I would have waited to go into labor naturally, an not had an induction. At the time I couldn't mentally stand waiting. I hemorrhaged from the method of inductions...and live with a lot of what ifs.

Angela4boys
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 7:52 AM
Oh man, that's not right. If you were crying they should have taken the cue! Shame on them!

Quoting Hannahsmommy816:

Quoting Hannahsmommy816:

yea i was crying the whole time, it was my 1st, i didnt know what was going on or what to do

Hannahsmommy816
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 7:54 AM

yea you would think! i said it felt like a drill (pulling) and they're like oh it's just tugging we arent using any tools like that and shrugged it off. toward the very end they offered medicine, i'm like no just finish. ugh.

Quoting Angela4boys: Oh man, that's not right. If you were crying they should have taken the cue! Shame on them!
Quoting Hannahsmommy816:

Quoting Hannahsmommy816:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement