Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Tips and Tricks for Back to School

Posted by on Aug. 15, 2014 at 12:00 AM
  • 50 Replies

Here in the South, we like to torture ourselves as early as possible, which means the kids have been back in school for almost two weeks now. Since this is not my first time at this particular rodeo, I have a few tricks that I use to ease the transition. Also, I discuss the "hangry" my kids experience after school. (I'm sure it's wildly familiar to most of you.)

Do you have any tips or tricks to make the transition back to school any easier for your family?

by on Aug. 15, 2014 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momofsixangels
by Bronze Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 2:53 AM

I talk to my kids about it weeks before it starts. Ask them if they are nervous and excited.

celestegood
by Bronze Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 6:41 AM
Not really. I just get them into a routine of going to bed at the normal bedtime, and it stays that way pretty much until they graduate high school. We don't start the summer stay up really late thing here.
Otherwise, just talk to them and all that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheJerseyGirl
by Bronze Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 6:50 AM

I try to make things fun...I take each child out alone for a fun day. We shop, we eat, we laugh.

mrswillie
by Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 7:58 AM
1 mom liked this
Our kids always looked forward to it. The only thing we did was start bed times about a week before.
Hannahsmommy816
by Bronze Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 11:38 AM

tyfs

Kmakksmom
by on Aug. 15, 2014 at 12:34 PM
We get them on a better sleep schedule. They aren't nervous at all. They are really excited.
Alexsi1
by Bronze Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 1:08 PM

This is good advice. It is something for me to think about when I get ready to send DS to school.

proudmommy690
by Bronze Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 2:05 PM
No tips or tricks here.
Ladyisis
by Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 3:05 PM

These are good ideas! Thanks for sharing. I usually take my daughter shopping for her school supplies, new clothes, and shoes. We make a day out of it and we go out for lunch and we talk about how she will like this year and if she is excited or nervous. She usually doesn't want to go back since she loves summer so much...lol. A week before school starts she goes to bed at her normal school bedtime which is 9pm. Other than that we don't do anything else.

goddess99
by on Aug. 15, 2014 at 4:21 PM

Maybe it's just my laptop but I can't hear the video =/

I talk to my dd often about back to school and refresh the school and house rules, this year bus rules too. We start going to bed earlier and getting up earlier.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement