Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who will.....??

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 7:32 AM
  • 9 Replies
Who will be in the hospital when you give birth if your pregnant now ???
Who was their when you have birth ??
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 7:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Stevensmomma
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 7:34 AM
My dh was their for both of my boys he will be their for this baby too.
My BFF wants to see the baby born so badly I don't know if I want her their I love her like a sister but I feel like it's only for the two of us it's a special bonding time for us and the bs y. I don't know how to tell her
SarahSuzyQ
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 8:57 AM
I think you just have to be honest with her. Just explain to her that you love her like a sister, but you are keeping it to just you and DH in the delivery room. I think she would understand that... I have a best friend like that, but I wouldn't expect to be in the delivery room if she ever gave birth!

Would your BFF be willing to be on call and stay with the boys when you go into labor? If she has an important role that might make it less difficult to understand why you don't want her in the delivery room.

Quoting Stevensmomma: My dh was their for both of my boys he will be their for this baby too.

My BFF wants to see the baby born so badly I don't know if I want her their I love her like a sister but I feel like it's only for the two of us it's a special bonding time for us and the bs y. I don't know how to tell her
othermom
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 10:31 AM

with my first my dad was there. My second my husband, his mom and his sister, my third just my husband

Stevensmomma
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 10:36 AM

My mom always takes care of the kids so she was planning on doing it again this time around too its easy for her seeing as she is retired. But I can keep her as a back up just in case my dh is at work and I need to get to the hospital 

Quoting SarahSuzyQ: I think you just have to be honest with her. Just explain to her that you love her like a sister, but you are keeping it to just you and DH in the delivery room. I think she would understand that... I have a best friend like that, but I wouldn't expect to be in the delivery room if she ever gave birth! Would your BFF be willing to be on call and stay with the boys when you go into labor? If she has an important role that might make it less difficult to understand why you don't want her in the delivery room.
Quoting Stevensmomma: My dh was their for both of my boys he will be their for this baby too. My BFF wants to see the baby born so badly I don't know if I want her their I love her like a sister but I feel like it's only for the two of us it's a special bonding time for us and the bs y. I don't know how to tell her

Join us in the smarter living group

melliburger
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 11:42 PM

WHen I gave birth my friend was there and my mum.

SweetLuci
by Gold Member on Mar. 17, 2015 at 8:45 AM

I think you just need to explain to her that you want it the way it was for your other two births, just your dh. If she's that good a friend, she'll understand. 

FFor my first time, just dh was there. Second time was at home, dh, 2 midwives and parametics. My mom was in the house, but not in the room.

SpiritedWitch
by on Mar. 17, 2015 at 11:28 AM

Everyone ... his parents and my parents. They were out in the waiting room. Hubby and my mom was with me in the labor room. Then hubby was the only one in the delivery room with me. I think MIL came to the recovery room. 

My mom stayed with me while hubby rode with son to the special children's hospital 50 miles away. His parents went home. 

~"Idiocracy" ... movie or prophecy?~

ilovemykids732
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2015 at 2:57 PM

For my first son it was my [now ex] boyfriend and my mother, 

Second son MIL and DH, 

and my 3rd was DH... 

All 3 babies had the usual drs and nurses too :)

Stevensmomma
by on Mar. 17, 2015 at 6:47 PM
Yes I plan on telling her next week I am have a lot on my play this week very busy with ds he just started baseball and a few other things .

Quoting SweetLuci:

I think you just need to explain to her that you want it the way it was for your other two births, just your dh. If she's that good a friend, she'll understand. 

FFor my first time, just dh was there. Second time was at home, dh, 2 midwives and parametics. My mom was in the house, but not in the room.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)