Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's National Siblings Day!

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 2:52 PM
  • 12 Replies
How many siblings do you have? Are you close with any of them?

I have four older brothers. One I rarely talk to, the other three are pretty awesome.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 2:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kirbymom
by Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 4:03 PM

I have 3 and I only get to talk to them every so often. We are just not that close.

Stevensmomma
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 5:01 PM

Two brothers I don't speak with them much 

melliburger
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 11:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I have three :) and I'm super close to one.

doodlesmom13
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 11:05 PM
I have 2 older sisters and 2 older brothers. One sister is deceased and the rest of my siblings stopped talking to me when our mom passed away.
squeekers
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 11:14 PM

I have an older brother, he's 8 yrs older than I am. We do not see eye to eye or even ideal to ideals. He's republican and I'm liberal independent. He is a tenured University professor and I am a SAHM. He owns his own home and I have rented our apartment for the last decade. He brews his own beers, and I am alcohol intolerant. He is a world hopper, and I do not like to travel besides my passport expired before 9/11. I got a good photo when we visited my folks, so this is the only picture of my brother & I in almost 15 years.

SSMama0209
by New Member on Apr. 11, 2015 at 1:49 AM
1 mom liked this

I have 3 sisters and 2 BIL's. We are pretty close for the most part. One of my sisters, and her 3 kiddos, are staying with us at the moment.

SweetLuci
by Gold Member on Apr. 11, 2015 at 6:40 AM
1 mom liked this

I have one sister and two brothers (2 brothers deceased). We are very close. Though we all live in different states, florida, Virginia, S. Carolina and Michigan, we try to all get together at least once a year with our kids and grandkids and other times a couple of us visit back and forth. When we were younger and had little kids, it was hard, but now we all make the effort to get together. We lost one brother to drowning as a child-and that affected us all greatly, then a few years ago by oldest brother was on his bicycle and was killed by a hit and run driver, and I think it made us realize how precious our time is.

SweetLuci
by Gold Member on Apr. 11, 2015 at 6:44 AM

How is it working out? Are your kids near the same ages? How do they get along?

Quoting SSMama0209:

I have 3 sisters and 2 BIL's. We are pretty close for the most part. One of my sisters, and her 3 kiddos, are staying with us at the moment.

Alexsi1
by on Apr. 11, 2015 at 11:40 PM
I'm sorry. That has to be rough.

Quoting doodlesmom13: I have 2 older sisters and 2 older brothers. One sister is deceased and the rest of my siblings stopped talking to me when our mom passed away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alexsi1
by on Apr. 11, 2015 at 11:42 PM
I'm like that with one of my brothers. He is extremely right wing and has some interesting theories to say the least. I can call him if I need anything though.

Quoting squeekers:

I have an older brother, he's 8 yrs older than I am. We do not see eye to eye or even ideal to ideals. He's republican and I'm liberal independent. He is a tenured University professor and I am a SAHM. He owns his own home and I have rented our apartment for the last decade. He brews his own beers, and I am alcohol intolerant. He is a world hopper, and I do not like to travel besides my passport expired before 9/11. I got a good photo when we visited my folks, so this is the only picture of my brother & I in almost 15 years.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)