Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Seperation of family questions.

Posted by on May. 17, 2015 at 4:11 PM
  • 26 Replies
1 mom liked this

Have any of you gone from being a SAHM to a single parent?

How hard was this transition? How did you handle the begining stages? I am lost.

Thank you.

CafeMom Tickers
by on May. 17, 2015 at 4:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Stevensmomma
by on May. 17, 2015 at 4:13 PM
Sorry I am of no help I haven't gone through that I imagine it's not easy bc you then have to get a job and now day care for the kids etc
othermom
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2015 at 4:36 PM

No I haven't.

I think the start would be finding a job and day care or possibly getting state help till that can get set up. It would depend on if you were getting child support or alimony to help get by and other things

Wish2Be
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2015 at 8:58 PM

I have been with my husband for 15 years, married for almost 7 years....only totally reliant on his income for the past 3 years.... I dont know that I am even entitled to alimony. :(

Quoting othermom:

No I haven't.

I think the start would be finding a job and day care or possibly getting state help till that can get set up. It would depend on if you were getting child support or alimony to help get by and other things

CafeMom Tickers
SarahSuzyQ
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2015 at 9:17 PM
Have you consulted a lawyer? I would find out what you are entitled to since I assume you both agreed to your becoming a SAHM.

I'm really sorry to hear that you are going through a separation. I guess our paths haven't crossed here on CM for a while, but I know that this must be a really difficult time. :-(
Wish2Be
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2015 at 9:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I believe about 90% that he is cheating on me.... I have told him several times of my suspicions and he keeps getting more and more secretive.

He doesnt know it yet, but seperation is what I am thinking right now.

I have not consulted a lawyer and yes we both agreed on me becoming a SAHM. I am 100% reliant on him and his finances right now.

I dont want to go after him for child support...and part of me doesnt want to deal with the alimony either. :(

Right now I am heartbroken, but I cant cry. My son doesnt deserve this....he is only 5.

I am just lost right now.

Part of me thinks I should just sit here and take it until things get so bad that its not a good living situation anymore. Right now everything is behind closed doors.

Thanks for reaching out though ...it means a lot.

Quoting SarahSuzyQ: Have you consulted a lawyer? I would find out what you are entitled to since I assume you both agreed to your becoming a SAHM. I'm really sorry to hear that you are going through a separation. I guess our paths haven't crossed here on CM for a while, but I know that this must be a really difficult time. :-(

CafeMom Tickers
SarahSuzyQ
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2015 at 9:43 PM
1 mom liked this
That's a lot to be handling on your own. I'm really sorry you hear you are in this place of tough decision. Do you have some trusted friends or family members that can listen and support you while you navigate through everything?

I will say that I understand not wanting things to get messy with court and finances, etc. But at the same time it's worth considering what will truly be best for your son... What kind of relationship you are modeling for him, what kinds of things he will need if you do separate, and so on. I know you are a great and loving mom, and you're thinking of what's best for him. Take care of yourself, too.

I'll say a prayer for you this evening, and I'm sending a (((hug))) your way, though I'm sorry it can only be here on CM.

Quoting Wish2Be:

I believe about 90% that he is cheating on me.... I have told him several times of my suspicions and he keeps getting more and more secretive.

I have not consulted a lawyer and yes we both agreed on me becoming a SAHM. I am 100% reliant on him and his finances right now.

I dont want to go after him for child support...and part of me doesnt want to deal with the alimony either. :(

Right now I am heartbroken, but I cant cry. My son doesnt deserve this....he is only 5.

Part of me thinks I should just sit here and take it until things get so bad that its not a good living situation anymore. Right now everything is behind closed doors.

Quoting SarahSuzyQ: Have you consulted a lawyer? I would find out what you are entitled to since I assume you both agreed to your becoming a SAHM.

I'm really sorry to hear that you are going through a separation. I guess our paths haven't crossed here on CM for a while, but I know that this must be a really difficult time. :-(

virginiamama71
by on May. 17, 2015 at 9:43 PM

HUGS

Wish2Be
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2015 at 9:47 PM

Thank you :) *hugs back*

Quoting SarahSuzyQ: That's a lot to be handling on your own. I'm really sorry you hear you are in this place of tough decision. Do you have some trusted friends or family members that can listen and support you while you navigate through everything? I will say that I understand not wanting things to get messy with court and finances, etc. But at the same time it's worth considering what will truly be best for your son... What kind of relationship you are modeling for him, what kinds of things he will need if you do separate, and so on. I know you are a great and loving mom, and you're thinking of what's best for him. Take care of yourself, too. I'll say a prayer for you this evening, and I'm sending a (((hug))) your way, though I'm sorry it can only be here on CM.
Quoting Wish2Be:

Quoting SarahSuzyQ: Have you consulted a lawyer? I would find out what you are entitled to since I assume you both agreed to your becoming a SAHM. I'm really sorry to hear that you are going through a separation. I guess our paths haven't crossed here on CM for a while, but I know that this must be a really difficult time. :-(

CafeMom Tickers
Wish2Be
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2015 at 9:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you !

Quoting virginiamama71:

HUGS

CafeMom Tickers
SweetLuci
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2015 at 9:51 PM

I'm so sorry that you're going through this difficult time. Do you have family or friends that you could talk to about this? If you are thinking about separation, before you make any decisions, you need to talk to an attorney to find out about the legal aspect of it. That will help you know what your options are. These are tough decisions. My thought are with you right now, hoping you can find the help you need.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)