Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We are being invaded!

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:31 AM
  • 21 Replies
Our town is, that is. Thos weekend our town with a population of 274 people will play host to thousands. It is our annual Fall Fest. Our streets become pack, cars everywhere but it is the largest fundraiser of the year for our volunteer fire and rescue. I live the festival but am happy when it is over also.
by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momofsixangels
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 7:12 PM

Sounds like fun!

TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:42 PM

Sounds crazy!

othermom
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:59 PM

Have fun

DelilahsMom4108
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 11:02 PM
That's awesome. I hope they raise a lot of money and have tons of fun!
mikesmom65270
by on Oct. 9, 2015 at 12:09 AM

Sounds like fun, but probably good that it's only once a year!

SweetLuci
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2015 at 1:04 AM

It's difficult when events like that happen. We have several a year, but good for the local economy, so we adjust. 

earthangel1967
by on Oct. 9, 2015 at 2:36 AM

WOW, your town has a population of 274!   Do you enjoy living in such a little town? I  know some peopl do. :)

We thought the town we bought a house in to finish raising our 5 kids in, after Todd and I got together was super tiny, it had a population of 3,384 and the kids could walk anywhere in town easily. They use to have a yearly festival that attracted lots of people and it took over the entire downtown all weekend but was the most exciting thing that happened there all year. lol  It was only a few blocks from our house so the kids were always grateful for the excitement.  I always said it felt like Maybury from Andy Griffith reruns.. as soon as the kids grew up and moved out, Todd and I sold house and moved to a very populated area 

View Full Size ImageYVONNE

mrswillie
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2015 at 4:47 AM
It I s always fun. There's a flea market, parade, live music, animal show, auction, beauty pageant, bingo, car show, food, funnel cake, kettle corn, and more.

Quoting DelilahsMom4108: That's awesome. I hope they raise a lot of money and have tons of fun!
Hannahsmommy816
by on Oct. 9, 2015 at 5:53 AM
Nice event but sounds hectic!
louannwilkins
by on Oct. 9, 2015 at 7:51 AM

That sounds like it will be a great weekend!!  I hope they make a lot of money  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)