Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My son's football game

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:18 PM
  • 8 Replies

My son had a football game tonight and it ended in a 0-0 tie.  It was a tough played game. His teams offense was not doing very well, but their defense was playing really good. The other team was playing pretty good  too. At the end of the third quarter  my son caught an interception at the 3 yard line and was pushed all the way back in to the end zone and stopped the other team from scoring what would have been the only touch down of the game. We are so proud of him. He did great being in the right place at the right time. I of course missed seeing it because my youngest had asked me to help her with something and I was turned away from the field. So bummed to have missed it. my husband and dad got to see it though. So far this year they have 2 wins and this one tie. They still have 3 games left to play.

by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
DelilahsMom4108
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 11:00 PM
That's awesome! Good for him. How old is he? He may have a really future :)
SweetLuci
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2015 at 12:55 AM

Good for him! 

othermom
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2015 at 11:09 AM

Quoting DelilahsMom4108: That's awesome! Good for him. How old is he? He may have a really future :)

He is 12 and in 7th grade.  He is a little timid with hitting still some times, but loves everything football. He has been playing for 4 years now. Three years in youth football and now in middle school. 

What was really funny is at the begining of the game one of the parents whos kid was on the other team, saw my son be put in and he told his wife that their team should throw the ball his way, he is small and to take advantage of it. We were standing right next to him between the two small bleachers (both teasms families were mixed in together because there is only room to sit on one side of the field) and it made us even more proud when he caught it. 

Stevensmomma
by on Oct. 9, 2015 at 11:26 AM
Thats great good for him!
DelilahsMom4108
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2015 at 1:01 PM
Well good for him for proving them wrong! My son is 6 and LOVES football. He wants to play but he's definitely a little peanut.

Quoting othermom:

Quoting DelilahsMom4108: That's awesome! Good for him. How old is he? He may have a really future :)

He is 12 and in 7th grade.  He is a little timid with hitting still some times, but loves everything football. He has been playing for 4 years now. Three years in youth football and now in middle school. 

What was really funny is at the begining of the game one of the parents whos kid was on the other team, saw my son be put in and he told his wife that their team should throw the ball his way, he is small and to take advantage of it. We were standing right next to him between the two small bleachers (both teasms families were mixed in together because there is only room to sit on one side of the field) and it made us even more proud when he caught it. 

NicLof2
by Member on Oct. 9, 2015 at 1:19 PM

Yay good for him. 

othermom
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2015 at 5:28 PM

My son is one of the shorter kids on the team, he is 5 feet tall now and about 90lbs, he is really slim though. Some of the kids on the teams are huge

Quoting DelilahsMom4108: Well good for him for proving them wrong! My son is 6 and LOVES football. He wants to play but he's definitely a little peanut.
Quoting othermom:

louannwilkins
by on Oct. 9, 2015 at 11:29 PM

I'm sure you are very proud!!!  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)