• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HI Everyone!!

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 5:45 PM
  • 21 Replies
  • 737 Total Views

I'm so glad to see some members in this group! Lets get to know eachother a little!

I recognize a couple of you from other groups & posts, but let's introduce ourselves and get this group started!

by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 5:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SuperTT
by Group Owner on Jul. 25, 2014 at 5:51 PM

I'll go first!

I'm Tara, and I live in Texas. I have lived here for 4 years this coming August. I'm divorced, and very happily re-married to a wonderful man! He travels for work, and I'm home alone a lot, but I work a lot of hours to keep me busy.

He has a 6 year old daughter, and even tho we sometimes struggle, she is a great kid and I love having her around. Because of his work schedule, and being gone so much, he could not get 50/50, he has her EOWE and whenever he can when he's home. Luckily BM works with us a lot and lets him spend more than just EOWE with her.

We have been living together for about a year & 1/2, and have been married since April of this year. We are TTC now pretty much since the wedding I've been off of BC pills. It will be my first child, and while I'm incredibly scared I am super excited. I have wanted a baby for many years. Hoping this is our month! LOL

Can't wait to hear from some of you & get to know you better!

:) Tara :)

SuperTT
by Group Owner on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:02 PM

BUMP!

SuperTT
by Group Owner on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:03 PM

BUMP!

FieryUpgrade
by New Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 12:42 PM

Hi! 

I've lived in IL my whole life. I've been with my DH for over 2 1/2 years now and we got married last year. I have DD16 and then there is SD8 that we have EOWE. BM is a nightmare, lol. 

SuperTT
by Group Owner on Jul. 28, 2014 at 8:42 AM

Congrats on getting married last year! :)

Do you have to deal with BM much? Or do you mostly leave that to your DH?

Quoting FieryUpgrade:

Hi! 

I've lived in IL my whole life. I've been with my DH for over 2 1/2 years now and we got married last year. I have DD16 and then there is SD8 that we have EOWE. BM is a nightmare, lol. 

xojeany
by New Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 12:05 PM

I'm Jeany. I also live in Texas. Lived here all my life. I have two DD's (3 & 7 yrs old) and two Bonus Daughters (9 & 12). I just got engaged to the love of my life this past weekend. (YAY!) I've never been married, luckily. This will be his second and LAST. I'm on here for positive support and advice on how to handle a high conflict BM, even though I am always nice to her. She shuts me down everytime. My bonus daughters LOVE me though and are very happy their daddy and I are getting married. :)

SuperTT
by Group Owner on Aug. 4, 2014 at 1:15 PM

SUPER big CONGRATS!!! :) How exciting!!

I know this group is slow right now, but I'm really hoping to get some more members and get it active!! But, there are a few members now, and I will always give whatever support & advice I have!

Quoting xojeany:

I'm Jeany. I also live in Texas. Lived here all my life. I have two DD's (3 & 7 yrs old) and two Bonus Daughters (9 & 12). I just got engaged to the love of my life this past weekend. (YAY!) I've never been married, luckily. This will be his second and LAST. I'm on here for positive support and advice on how to handle a high conflict BM, even though I am always nice to her. She shuts me down everytime. My bonus daughters LOVE me though and are very happy their daddy and I are getting married. :)

FieryUpgrade
by New Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 4:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't ever deal with BM directly ( or see her ), thankfully. DH tries to keep all the contact he has with her to texts and emails, she is difficult to deal with.

Quoting SuperTT:

Congrats on getting married last year! :)

Do you have to deal with BM much? Or do you mostly leave that to your DH?

Quoting FieryUpgrade:

Hi! 

FieryUpgrade
by New Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 4:36 PM

Congrats on the engagement !

How to deal with a High Conflict BM , basically you can't. You just need to ignore her & support your DH in whatever way he needs you to in regards to his kids.

Some women thrive on drama, the BM in my situation does. I have accepted that there is not a thing I could do to make her be even a tiny bit more decent towards me in general ( except leave DH & that won't happen - she would LOVE that ). I don't deal with her directly - ever, but she tells SD8 all sorts of things that are just crap & lies. I don't really klnow what her issues is (I had nothing to do with their divorce). She just hates me and hates that SD8 likes me.

Quoting xojeany:

SuperTT
by Group Owner on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:16 AM

Our situations sound similar... except for BM in my situation acts nice to my face, but she says things to DH and to SD that tell me how she really feels. She blames me for the divorce, even tho she is a lot happier, and was happy to get the divorce. I had nothing to do with it. I knew DH from work, but we were not involved until a while after their divorce was final, and they were "separated" (she moved out) a couple of months before they even filed divorce. So clearly, it was not because of me. lol

BM in my situation has been very jealous that SD likes me, and has tried to get her to say similar things to and about the men that she's dated. We never pushed with SD to say or do anything with me, we just let her form her own opinions. Now, SD has started to be a little distant, and I have a sneaking suspicion that it's because of things she hears her mom say to her friends. Her mom doesn't filter any of what she says around SD. If she is with friends, she will talk about anything in front of her, I know BM's friends have certain opinions of me as well, and I am thinking that those opinions have been discussed around SD. I'm not going to address it, just leave it alone and let SD continue to make her own decisions and opinions about me, and hope as she gets older she can see the truth for herself.

Quoting FieryUpgrade:

Congrats on the engagement !

How to deal with a High Conflict BM , basically you can't. You just need to ignore her & support your DH in whatever way he needs you to in regards to his kids.

Some women thrive on drama, the BM in my situation does. I have accepted that there is not a thing I could do to make her be even a tiny bit more decent towards me in general ( except leave DH & that won't happen - she would LOVE that ). I don't deal with her directly - ever, but she tells SD8 all sorts of things that are just crap & lies. I don't really klnow what her issues is (I had nothing to do with their divorce). She just hates me and hates that SD8 likes me.

Quoting xojeany:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)