Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tired of broken promises

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2015 at 9:31 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 213 Total Views

We are trying to change our granddaughters last name to ours. The kids have bugged us for the last 4-5 years to do this. The boys were easy and are done but it's our granddaughter who has not gotten her's changed yet. The hold up is her mom who says she's good with it but never signs the paperwork and send it in. She has told me 3 times that she has done this and I'm about done with her. The last time was 2 days ago. It takes 5 days Priority Mail to get from CA to OH. If I do not get it by next Thursday I'll have had enough. I'm going for legal custody regardless of how much it hurts her. The hurt she is inflicting on our youngest is stronger in my mind and I won't have her hurt anymore. She's bi-racial so she feels different anyhow and has voiced this many times. To hear her tell her mom that she's a liar because she promises to send it back but never does hurts as well. So come next Thursday we'll either be on the road to the change of name or on the road to hurting my dd.

I wish it could be otherwise as I still have a good relationship with my dd but I can't allow this to continue.

by on Feb. 27, 2015 at 9:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
butzi
by Group Owner on Feb. 27, 2015 at 10:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Broken promises are hard, both on us and our grandchildren. My daughter and Son in law are local. They see their child a few hours a week. The only thing stopping them from getting her back was them. Up until a year ago we did everything we could to try to help them get their lives in a position to get her back. Now, we are done. Their daughter does not want to go back to them, she barely wants to do her COd visits. This makes them mad and the whine and complain to everyone who will listen. However, they still haven't even filed the necessary paerwork to even attempt to regain custody.

butzi
by Group Owner on Feb. 27, 2015 at 10:12 AM

I hit send befor I said this part... good luck.  You are such a blessing to those children.

Linagma03
by Member on Feb. 27, 2015 at 10:46 PM

I know the feeling. I wish I was in a position to be able to go the legal custody route for at least the youngest. 

It is so hard on the kids when they realize that their parent/s don't care or are liars etc.. It makes you want to take the hurt away and just protect them. 

Linagma03
by Member on Feb. 27, 2015 at 10:50 PM
2 moms liked this

The older two don't wait around on their mother anymore because she has broken promises to them so often that they don't believe it until they see it. She is local and hasn't seen the youngest one since just before Xmas and hasn't even asked about her. I just wish that she would do the right thing and give us custody of the youngest so that we wouldn't have to worry that she'll decide to take her just because she got a wild hair up her butt. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)