Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Let me tell you about my family!

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 1:24 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 223 Total Views

My family is very important to me.  The people who live with me right now are the center of my world. I have adult children- and love them too.

First I am here- I am a mom to 4, grandmother to 1. My kids range from 22 to 14. my granddaughter is 8 months old. I am a full time student in my senior year of college.

In my house- there is PT1, PT2, and my youngest two.

PT1 and I have been together for 3 years. He is a librarian and professor at the University I attend.(there is no conflict because my classes are in a different department. He does not supervise me in any capacity)

PT2 and I have been together just over a year. We had dated previously- and reconnected. He moved in with us 6 months ago. His job is in a metal shop- and he makes stained glass as a hobby.

Neither partner has children. One wanted children but never had them- the other was rather ambivalent about kids- he had none that he knew of- but he never really wanted to be a dad. With older kids- he gets on well- with very small kids- he is noticibly uncomfortable.

I love both of them very much- we plan a handfasting in the near future.

What about your family?

by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 1:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
poisonedtaco
by New Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 12:24 AM

Sounds like a lovely family!

But what is handfasting?

Brujaoscura
by Group Owner on Jan. 31, 2015 at 10:15 AM
1 mom liked this

A handfasting is a commitment ceremony in this case- often referred to as a "Pagan" wedding. Since I legally can't marry both, and want to marry both of them- that is our option.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)