Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fall/Thanksgiving crafts & decorating

Posted by on Nov. 6, 2009 at 8:28 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 609 Total Views

Whatcha Got?

by on Nov. 6, 2009 at 8:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
cthorn14
by on Nov. 6, 2009 at 8:43 AM

For Families that provide a 'Kiddie' table at the holidays:
Go to your local craft store or wherever construction paper is sold and buy a color of your choice (brown for thanksgiving, orange for thanksgiving, red or green for christmas) and make sure it's the length of the 'kiddie' table. Provide crayons and other utensils so the kids can color while they eat.

bettylou420
by on Nov. 6, 2009 at 2:15 PM

i pick colorful leaves off the trees and tape them to the big mirror over the fireplace. we also make leaf rubbings with the kids.

heart-n-home
by New Member on Nov. 6, 2009 at 2:36 PM

The way we set up (because there are so many of us) is we put all the food on the dining room table, buffet style.  I usually buy to pretty coordinating fabrics that overlap for a nice table cloth.  Also, I have all white dishes so I buy s package of fake leaves (real ones would work fine unless they were dry)  and I line the dishes with them, then using a few clear glass dollar store plates of the same size I cover the leaf covered plate.  Very pretty, very simple.  This is not a decor thing, but one thing I LOVE to do is use my slow cooker on the warm setting to keep certain things warm while others are still cooking (mashed potatoes, stuffing...).  I have a few slow cookers so I usually use at least one of them for "carmel apple cider" also.

sungreen13
by Group Owner on Nov. 7, 2009 at 10:17 AM

Quoting heart-n-home:

The way we set up (because there are so many of us) is we put all the food on the dining room table, buffet style.  I usually buy to pretty coordinating fabrics that overlap for a nice table cloth.  Also, I have all white dishes so I buy s package of fake leaves (real ones would work fine unless they were dry)  and I line the dishes with them, then using a few clear glass dollar store plates of the same size I cover the leaf covered plate.  Very pretty, very simple.  This is not a decor thing, but one thing I LOVE to do is use my slow cooker on the warm setting to keep certain things warm while others are still cooking (mashed potatoes, stuffing...).  I have a few slow cookers so I usually use at least one of them for "carmel apple cider" also.

Must. . . . . Have. . . . . Caramel Apple Cider Recipe. . . . . . *ppplleaseee*

I love the leaves under glass plate idea!

ebjohnson
by Member on Nov. 15, 2009 at 9:33 PM

Quoting heart-n-home:

Awesome Ideas! I also LOVE the leaf/plate idea.  Also, using the slow cooker = genius! :)  And I also must have the Carmel Apple Cider recipe!!!!

falling_leaves

cristina0709
by on Nov. 15, 2009 at 9:41 PM

i went with my mom to her boyfirends house and his mom did that for all the kids. I was thinking when DS and BIL's kid are older then I will do the same. lol

Quoting cthorn14:

For Families that provide a 'Kiddie' table at the holidays:
Go to your local craft store or wherever construction paper is sold and buy a color of your choice (brown for thanksgiving, orange for thanksgiving, red or green for christmas) and make sure it's the length of the 'kiddie' table. Provide crayons and other utensils so the kids can color while they eat.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Wanna read my birth story? Check out my profile!!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN