Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homemade Christmas Ideas anyone ?

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2009 at 12:25 AM
  • 18 Replies
  • 1106 Total Views

I am looking for some homemade christmas ideas. We are trying work on a small budget this year and my dd b-day is nov 28 then christmas right around the corner.lol. Web sites or ideas would be great. thanks

by on Nov. 19, 2009 at 12:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sungreen13
by Group Owner on Nov. 19, 2009 at 11:24 AM

Ugh~ I hear ya on bday then Xmas. November I have my Mom's, Dad's and Bruno's birthday~ then December is well Christmas plus my brothers bday 2 days before & sisters 3 days after!! I'm about to get started on this forum, and getting more gift ideas plus start the gift swap going. . . . . . Christmas will be here before we know it!! 

live breathe be green .jpg green heart image by creamsoda248sungreendancefaery.jpg dance fairy image by hilbilimacquotes-1-1.jpg Be Yourself. image by davey_50
 peace-2.jpg peace love happiness image by meme9

girlintheflock
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 8:48 AM

i will definately be looking for homemade gift ideas this year.  but i was on the same budget last year, lol.  one of the gifts i made last year tho was a poem for each family member that i wrote and then i went to the dollar store and bought cheap picture frames and a bag of tiny shells and glue.  i glued all the shells on top of the frames for the girls to make it prettier and left the boys frames alone. I printed out their poems and put them in the frame and wrapped it.  it was inexpensive and they all enjoyed them. :)  i was thinking of doing dream catchers this year.  but i have not started yet. 

Want healthy kids?  Don't rely on Big Pharma.  They profit off of you and your children staying sick!  Empower yourself and through all natural vitamins and supplements, we can take care of our own!! Ask me about holistic and alternative ways to treat your children.

Peace & Love, Emily

www.mynsp.com/healthykidshappymommy

Alicia1212
by Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:39 AM

We got pictures done with SIL's and all grandkids for the grandparents this year and that is saving us a ton of money.

I am about to make homemade hot cocoa mix and put it into decorated canning jars to give out to adult family, friends and neighbors, etc.  I made jack daniel's sauce in canning jars for birthdays this year already.

I bought gifts for my DD but she is only getting a few games this year for her toys.

Rowansmom829
by New Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:41 AM

http://www.dominosugar.com/giftideas/

Here's a site with a few ideas

emslala
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 4:43 PM

There is a Handmade Holidays group on here that has some good ideas. I found a bath fizzy recipe in there that I am going to try in the next week or 2. If it works, I'll post it in here! I have to find some coloring that won't stain the skin though...
I am also doing the hot cocoa mix. I have a bunch of baby food jars, so I am going to make little individual size ones  :)  I might do some chocolate dipped spoons too.

stefaniejane
by Member on Nov. 21, 2009 at 1:49 AM

Here are some of the gifts I have made in the past...

Candles

Coasters

This year I am making bath salts and using starbucks bottles I saved from my husband...

http://www.starlightstamper.com/2007/02/milk-bath-frappuccino-bottle.html

and then I've made some of these

http://www.atimetostitch.com/potato_bags.htm

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersFree Icons

ctfagan
by New Member on Nov. 22, 2009 at 8:31 AM

I am making those coasters, but with picture. Got the tiles yesterday and they were $5.00 for 10 tiles..Also the rice hot/cold bags...Have tons of fabric.

Last year my kids made these cute reindeers out of the bark of a palm tree (which are everywhere! here) and only cost me red pom noses and google eyes. They were an adorable decoration and everyone got a lil Florida for Christmas

http://floridagardener.com/misc/FLReindeer.htm

1 year, got a ton of free wood wreaths (from freecycle)and decorated them with xmas odds and ends from old christmas ornaments

Nicole101306
by Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:19 PM

Check out this site... "The master list of Homemade Holiday gifts.. awesome. :)

http://www.thegreenestdollar.com/2009/11/the-master-list-of-homemade-holiday-gifts/

DzineMama
by on Dec. 4, 2009 at 5:03 PM

We do a gift exchange so I am have my DD make her presents... she's only just 3 sooo I have to make it with her... I've been thinking this over for a while and I think for the Grandparents, we are gonna get the clear glass tree ornaments and place a picture inside with holiday stuff like evergreens, tinsel, bows or something... for the other kids we will probably make cookies, brownies and/or candy in a nice tin or gift box... and for the aunts, uncles, neighbors... cookie or pancake mix in a jar... I wish I could come up with something more original...

"There is no I... there is only we... we are connected...
to change the world... we must change ourselves."

MandyP27
by on Dec. 6, 2009 at 10:03 PM

If you like to sew there are so many things you can make! I've been making just about everything this year! Here's my list SO FAR:

Sock Monkeys, aprons, super hero capes, a teepee, pajamas, crayon rolls, bead watches, hot/cold rice bags, homemade candy, and bath salts

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)