Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gift Swap/Trade main post

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2009 at 11:34 AM
  • 11 Replies
  • 641 Total Views

okay, what the what is a gift swap/trade?? Well with all of our AMAZING mama's here~ we have a lot of different things to offer. This economy is hard on everyones wallet, and an easy way to find a great gift is to swap or trade gifts!

Okay so here it goes: in this post (the 'swap main post') I want everyone who has something to offer~ please post what it is! A nice description, even photo's. . . . let us know what you make or do. I will take from here and make a neat, organized post with all there is to offer.

Here is a link to last years Swap Post just to give an idea of what the heck I'm talking about.

gift

by on Nov. 19, 2009 at 11:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rik-E
by on Nov. 19, 2009 at 3:09 PM

I'm trying to keep things simple for myself this year!  (yeah right LOL)  So I will be offering 4 differnt items with a limit of 2 swaps on each item. 

If you offer a swap that I don't accept please don't be offended! We, like everyone else, are very tight on funds so I will be doing my best to swap only for items we can use or give as gifts. On the other hand if you have something we can use I'll be happy to swap mutliple items.  :-)

On to the fun stuff !!!

1) Set of 3 Doll Diapers --  I have 2 sizes so if you measure the dolls waist I will send the proper size! I will try to work with any color preferences, but I make these mainly from my real diaper making scraps so they are somewhat limited.

2) Stuffed Dinos -- these are great for little ones that chew on stuff! totally machine washable. Made form either cotton print or poly fleece with poly satin ribbon and stuffed with polyfill. (if you have more than 1 child that would like these I can make a set if you trade more items)

3) Fleece-In-One or Pocket diapers -- 1-2 diapers depending on what you are offering, your choice of AIO or Pocket style made from fleece.  First pick w/ dino are pockets, second pic are AIO style. Sizes S, M, L.

4) Fleece training pants (size 2-3t) or Big Kid Overnight Pants (size 4-6).  These are  a pocket style with 2 snap settings on at the sides to adjust fit and make washing / stuffing easier.

Kids in the pics modeling are both very tall for thier ages. A nearly 6 year old 55 pounder that wears size 6-8 boys clothes modeling the size 4-6 Overnight Pants on the larger snap setting. A 2 year old 35 pounder that wears size 3t modeling the Training Pants on the smaller size snaps.

sungreen13
by Group Owner on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:52 PM

Rik-E you ROCK! love the dinosaurs! anything with tags is PERFECT for babies~ they just love them!! Wooo Hooo! C'mon mama's. . . . . .

Rik-E
by on Nov. 23, 2009 at 12:36 AM

Nobody intersted in swapping this year???  Really???                          confused

I got a lot of great stuff for Christmas last year!  Give it a try ladies!  I know there are some really talented and creative mamas in here.......

lydiaharper
by Member on Nov. 24, 2009 at 9:37 AM

I am interested in joining, but I have a few questions........Is there a deadline for sign-ups?  Do items need to be a certain value or are swaps determined by each moma?  Like higher value item for two smaller value items.  Thanks!!

Lydia

SAHM to 3 kids, DS1(Jayson), DS2(Jaymie), and DD(Jayden), wife to Sheriff's Deputy David since 2002.
sungreen13
by Group Owner on Nov. 24, 2009 at 4:18 PM

Quoting lydiaharper:

I am interested in joining, but I have a few questions........Is there a deadline for sign-ups?  Do items need to be a certain value or are swaps determined by each moma?  Like higher value item for two smaller value items.  Thanks!!

Lydia

no deadline and yes, everything is determined by each mama!!

I'm working on my pics & stuff to get up now!! ;)

lydiaharper
by Member on Nov. 25, 2009 at 10:14 AM

Ok, Sounds great.  I will also get some pics up soon.

Lydia

SAHM to 3 kids, DS1(Jayson), DS2(Jaymie), and DD(Jayden), wife to Sheriff's Deputy David since 2002.
Rik-E
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 3:07 AM
jillhalladay
by Member on Dec. 3, 2009 at 9:34 AM

hun your stuff is amazing!!! I'm sorry..i have nothing to post..just wanted you to know your stuff was great!!

Everyday is a gift.....Don't wait, open it up like a child!! Play...Run....Dance....Sing...Have fun.... Be Marry!    :)

lydiaharper
by Member on Dec. 3, 2009 at 9:43 AM

So, i thought I was gonna be able to join in, but I am too far behind on Christmas crafting right now.  Hopefully, next year. frown mini

Laurieanne42
by on Dec. 3, 2009 at 9:53 AM

I did a lot of my Christmas shopping last year through trades as well. It was soooo much fun! I'm In....I've got mineral makeup galore to offer up as trades. You can check out my home page or website at www.mineralfacefx.com The only thing that I really can't use are baby items. Other than that...I'm open to most anything else!!!!

xoxoxoxoxox

Laurie

*If you'd like to trade, please pm me. It's been veryyyy busy this year and hard to check in on my daily posts!!!! :-)

Happy Holidays Girls!!!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)