Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi, new to group...singer in Utah

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2007 at 11:50 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 412 Total Views
I am new to Utah, but I've been singing since I could make a sound. I've had lots of voice lessons and would like to continue this until I die. I think it's always good to practice and get better. I'm supposed to go sing with a group of musicians next week. They've never heard me before and I would love for it to work out, but who knows? I've never been part of a performing group (well in high school) but I always envision myself singing to a live audience. In a sexy dress next to a piano of course! I would love to get to know all of you and your aspirations. Hope we can all inspire each other!

Making beautiful music,
Michelle

by on Mar. 28, 2007 at 11:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
6timemama
by Group Owner on Apr. 9, 2007 at 11:36 PM
HI! It sounds like you have wonderful dreams and aspirations.
That's where it all begins, I think. I too was a singer from the
time that I could open my mouth. As a small child, I would do
"shows" for my family, dressed up in my pretty slip and, of
course, I had my hairbrush for a mic! I would stand in a field
fo hay, and pretend it was my audience! Wow!  I have always
told everybody that if I can't sing, I can't breathe!

I grew up with country music, and my mom and dad were pretty involved with it before I ever came along. My mom used to sing for the USO in South Carolina in the early forties, and my dad would sing with his new band, even when he was stationed in SC and FL, he sang country every chance he got.

I grew up with music in my kitchen, going to square dances, and all kinds of other shows that myl dad played at with his band.

I learned how to play guitar when I was seventeen, and started writing my own music soon after that.  I could go on and on!

Tell me more about yourself, and your experience.
tigerlillie777
by New Member on Apr. 11, 2007 at 11:13 AM
Wow, cool...I used to force my family and the neighbors...to watch my "shows" too. It's great to be a kid...you don't know you "can't" do it. I get very very bad stage fright to the point that I feel like I'm going to throw up and my throat tightens up. That's not good for a singer! I'm meeting with a few musicians next week to try out for their group. We're just going to do cover tunes I guess. I'm singing Barracuda, Crash by Dave Matthews and Carnival by Natalie Merchant. Do you love Patsy Cline? I used to sing "Walkin' After Midnight" as a lullaby for my daughter when she was a baby. I also LOVE Alison Krauss and Deana Carter as far as country goes.

Foot in mouthLaaaa!
Michelle

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)