Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How many cups of coffee have you had today?

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:01 AM
  • 11 Replies
Experts have found that caffeine does cross the placenta and that heavy caffeine use during pregnancy can cause problems (like an increased risk of miscarriage). Most doctors think that a moderate amount (a cup a day) is okay so it's a good idea for you to cut back, depending on how much you consume. Need some other reasons to cut back? Caffeine is a diuretic drawing fluid from the body. It can also cause heartburn and insomnia. Have you cut back?
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Erindale
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:09 AM

I've never drank coffee, always hated the taste, so I'm glad it's not something I have to think about.  

jobberwocky
by Chrissy on Dec. 28, 2014 at 8:12 AM
Don't drink coffee. I do have to watch soda though.
monjerm01
by Monica on Dec. 28, 2014 at 10:58 AM
I RARELY drink coffee and if I do, it's one cup..
anonymom92
by Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:09 PM

I'm allergic to coffee, so I don't drink it. I'm reading this fascinating book on brain development from the womb to 5/6 years in children written by a neuroscientist. It's absolutely an incredible read and in chapter 3 she talks about caffiene and it's affect on babies. It says that you can drink up to 300 mg of caffiene a day which totals to 3 cups of medium strength coffee (basically 2 mugs) and then explains about how much soda and black tea you can drink as well. So far, the book has been an incredible source of information for me. More then I ever learned in a pregnancy book! 

Mommabearsfirst
by Member on Jan. 9, 2015 at 6:06 PM

What book?

Quoting anonymom92:

I'm allergic to coffee, so I don't drink it. I'm reading this fascinating book on brain development from the womb to 5/6 years in children written by a neuroscientist. It's absolutely an incredible read and in chapter 3 she talks about caffiene and it's affect on babies. It says that you can drink up to 300 mg of caffiene a day which totals to 3 cups of medium strength coffee (basically 2 mugs) and then explains about how much soda and black tea you can drink as well. So far, the book has been an incredible source of information for me. More then I ever learned in a pregnancy book! 

answeredprayer
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2015 at 6:24 PM
0. I haven't had a dr.pepper since finding out on Tuesday either. I wanted to stop drinking soda anyways.
anonymom92
by Member on Jan. 9, 2015 at 8:44 PM

Mobile Photo

Quoting Mommabearsfirst:

What book?

Quoting anonymom92:

brightstar28
by Ryan on Jan. 9, 2015 at 10:09 PM
I do a cup in the morning, but I've cut out caffeinated pop.
tina_a
by Christina on Jan. 9, 2015 at 10:28 PM
0 i cut coffee out completely
Thewife06
by Brooke on Jan. 9, 2015 at 11:13 PM

Ehe, I only drink coffee every once in a while. Once I finally got my positive pregnancy I was too excited to need caffeine. I'm still on a high from it. Except on my hubby's lunch period. Then I sleep, but other than that...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)