Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Terrible pains, feel like my stomach is ripping apart

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 9:30 AM
  • 7 Replies

I just found out I was pregnant two days ago and I'm only 4 weeks 2 days. This is my third pregnancy and I've never experienced anything like this. I'm having horrible pains all over my stomach that feel like it's ripping apart. Once it starts, it's so bad that I feel like screaming anytime I try to move.  It reminds me of round ligament pain that I had in my hips and back during other pregnancies, but I've never heard of it all over the stomach. And this early? I don't remember feeling anything but mild cramps for the first few weeks. Is this normal or should I be concerned?

by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 9:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Erindale
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 10:28 AM

That sounds like the round ligament pains I had during my first pregnancy because the uterus was beginning to stretch for the first time and they were unbearable at times.  But since you've already had 2 babies, the uterus should already be stretched out.  I would definitely call your doctor and ask them.  Make sure it's not an eptopic pregnancy.  

I sure hope the pain subsides!!  Let us know what you find out!

MomOfFish
by Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 10:51 AM
Are you constipated at all? I get those so.e dealing for those reasons.
monjerm01
by Monica on Dec. 28, 2014 at 10:57 AM
I would call your doctor just to make sure.. I hope you feel better soon!
mommychelle01
by Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:19 AM

I'm not constipated, but at times it does feel like gas pains x20. But then at times, it just feels like little hands ripping apart my muscles.

Quoting MomOfFish: Are you constipated at all? I get those so.e dealing for those reasons.

anonymom92
by Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:05 PM

This could have nothing to do with the pregnancy and be related to something else all together. Maybe a sickness? Any other symptoms? 

anonymom92
by Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I do recognize your screenname!!! lol We already know eachother ;) lol 

Quoting Erindale:

That sounds like the round ligament pains I had during my first pregnancy because the uterus was beginning to stretch for the first time and they were unbearable at times.  But since you've already had 2 babies, the uterus should already be stretched out.  I would definitely call your doctor and ask them.  Make sure it's not an eptopic pregnancy.  

I sure hope the pain subsides!!  Let us know what you find out!

maybebaby83
by Heather on Dec. 28, 2014 at 10:46 PM

My first pregnancy symptom this pregnancy and last were round ligament pain.. Not too early at all! That's what made me test each time. Hurts like crazy. Usually I'm sitting on the couch, patting my youngest to sleep, then I stand to put her in bed. When I stand it comes on bad... Then goes away..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)