Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

But it's sushi night!

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 2:40 PM
  • 20 Replies

I just remembered that you're not supposed to have smoked salmon during pregnancy. I was talking to a friend about making sushi tonight and she said she was coming, but what was I going to make mine with instead of smoked salmon. Then it hit me... No more smoked salmon until this baby is born, lol. I knew that, but I just didn't think about it. So I guess I'm just using chicken for mine tonight. 

What foods have you randomly remembered you're not supposed to have? 

by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 2:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
monjerm01
by Monica on Jan. 20, 2015 at 3:02 PM
I ate a medium rare steak a couple of weeks ago without even thinking about it.. A few days after, I was like oh crap I wasn't suppose to eat my steak like that :/
nesa0601
by Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 3:05 PM

Yuuumm sushi!! It's ok to have cooked sushi right? 

Thewife06
by Brooke on Jan. 20, 2015 at 3:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Lol, my husband put 2-3 pieces of steak on my plate the other night. I went to go eat a piece and as soon as I smelled it morning sickness hit like a freight train. It was the perfect medium and looked so good. Nope! 

Quoting monjerm01: I ate a medium rare steak a couple of weeks ago without even thinking about it.. A few days after, I was like oh crap I wasn't suppose to eat my steak like that :/

Thewife06
by Brooke on Jan. 20, 2015 at 3:16 PM

Yeah, it's the raw stuff that you're not supposed to have. I'll marinade strips of chicken, cook it, and just use that instead.  

I love sushi so much. Best $10 meal ever. 

Quoting nesa0601:

Yuuumm sushi!! It's ok to have cooked sushi right? 

SchatziBee
by Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 3:41 PM

Smoked Salmon should be okay right? My "What nots" list is pretty rusty.

We went to dinner at a Syrian place on Sunday and half the menu made me second guess my choices. 

maybebaby83
by Heather on Jan. 20, 2015 at 3:50 PM
the hardest thing for me is not Eating cold deli meat because every once in awhile I like a quick sandwich
Thewife06
by Brooke on Jan. 20, 2015 at 4:42 PM

If it's cooked, like into a casserole, it would be ok. But just out of the package it's not. So no smoked salmon dips, sushi, or on crackers. 

Quoting SchatziBee:

Smoked Salmon should be okay right? My "What nots" list is pretty rusty.We went to dinner at a Syrian place on Sunday and half the menu made me second guess my choices. 

Thewife06
by Brooke on Jan. 20, 2015 at 4:42 PM

Agreed. 

Quoting maybebaby83: the hardest thing for me is not Eating cold deli meat because every once in awhile I like a quick sandwich

OneNotDone
by Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 4:43 PM
I struggle with this one too. I was never told this with my son so i really forget this time :(

Quoting maybebaby83: the hardest thing for me is not Eating cold deli meat because every once in awhile I like a quick sandwich
monjerm01
by Monica on Jan. 20, 2015 at 5:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I ate a few sandwiches with my last pregnancy and a couple early on this pregnancy.. Now I can't stand the site of lunch meat!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)