Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

went for my first Midwife Appointment

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 10:16 AM
  • 3 Replies
I went for my first Midwife Appointment yesterday
I called them and they said I could go in that day. She didn't examine me of feel my uterus or anything just checked my breathing and neck, breasts, etc. And I got a pap. They said I have to go back next week for blood work because they scheduled me late in the day and the lab worker was leaving.

However I do get to go for a dating ultrasound this coming Friday so I'm so excited!
When I punched my last period date into the computer site it said my dd was Sept 9
But so far they said it's Sept 11

So I'll get my exact due date on Friday. I can't wait!
I've been having insane cramps since the pap. And nausea is hitting me worse than ever but I have three kids to take care of and I have lots of chores to do today on my day off so I better get my act together lol.
Thanks for listening girls! I haven't told anyone other than my husband about this pregnancy and I'll wait until after my ultrasound to make sure all is well before I spread the news :)
Have a great day today
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 10:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
tyrelsmom
by Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:03 AM
Ugh I hate paps during pregnancy. Had them with the first two then flat out refused for the others. I'll get them between pregnancies TYVM. Hope Friday comes quick for you!
_Crazy_Beauty
by Tracey on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:16 AM
Glad you have a date. Friday the 6th is my 25th birthat and I have another appt. I'm hoping to get a quick peak at the baby because that would just make my dAy! Let's hope for a great and quick week!
monjerm01
by Monica on Jan. 31, 2015 at 3:50 PM
Ultrasounds are soo exciting!!

My midwife said she don't like to give paps during pregnancy because you might spot and then that causes worry.. I hate paps!

I hear you on the nausea thing.. I have two kids to take care of and drive back and fourth to school, and cooking and cleaning, ugh it kills me to function every day!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)