Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

And I was doing so well!

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 11:48 AM
  • 9 Replies

I haven't been sleeping that past couple of nights because my son hasn't been sleeping because dh hasn't been home.  Dh has been working two jobs, trying to decide if he wants to quit the landscaping and go with the other one.  This weekend he's had a lot of work to do with the second job and has been out really late, and then has had to go out very early in the mornings to plow.  Reese doesn't sleep well when he's not there.  Because he hasn't been sleeping I haven't been sleeping so the past 3 days I've been super sick.  Ugh!  I do not do well with such little sleep.  

No real point to this... just needed to complain.  How are you ladies doing?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 11:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
RubyDoobie
by Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 12:05 PM

Nothing is worse than a bad night's sleep!  I get so grumpy when I can't sleep and it's well into the night and i know i'm going to be dragging the next day. I feel your pain! Better luck tonight!

mnmo3bb
by Amy on Feb. 23, 2015 at 12:58 PM

How old is Reese? My 2 year old goes to bed better for my husband so it's hard when he works really late.

tyrelsmom
by Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 2:37 PM
I had a migraine all weekend. But yesterday DH took all the kids to church and I slept all morning. Helped a lot. Then at 7 last night after the youngest was in bed he told me to go take a nice relaxing bath and go to bed if I wanted to, he'd take care of the rest of them until they were all in bed. And he kept them from constantly bugging me too. Woke up with no migraine this morning. He works pretty long hours all week but always has all day Sunday off unless there's a major emergency. I don't get spoiled like that on Sunday if I'm not sick, but if I am he tries to give me a "sick day". It helps so much.
My nausea and vomiting has let up a little more often... hopefully it keeps getting better.

But... we just found out we lose our place (rental) at the end of April. Not our fault, they just want to sell it to pay off debt and have less responsibilities. So I have a pile of packing, cleaning and repairing to do... and we need to find another place to live with 5, soon to be 6 kids. We've already warned the two oldest boys that they may end up sharing a room with their 1 year old brother :-(. We just may not be able to find another 4 bedroom for a reasonable rent. Then the baby will be in our room for a long time and I guess eventually in the girls room... it could end up being a very tight fit. Bleh.
brightstar28
by Ryan on Feb. 23, 2015 at 3:04 PM

He will be 2 April 3rd.  Dh can't put him to sleep if I'm there, but if dh isn't there it's impossible for the kid to sleep through the night.

Quoting mnmo3bb:

How old is Reese? My 2 year old goes to bed better for my husband so it's hard when he works really late.

CafeMom Tickers
brightstar28
by Ryan on Feb. 23, 2015 at 3:08 PM

We were going to have to move in March for the same reason: landlord wanted to sell the house.  However, he got a promotion at work and was like "You can stay longer."  So we went from a 5 month lease to a 15 month lease.  We are looking to buy a house after this one is born, and we are just happy we don't have to move in March.  I feel your pain!  I'm sure it's difficult to find a good rental for 8.

Quoting tyrelsmom: I had a migraine all weekend. But yesterday DH took all the kids to church and I slept all morning. Helped a lot. Then at 7 last night after the youngest was in bed he told me to go take a nice relaxing bath and go to bed if I wanted to, he'd take care of the rest of them until they were all in bed. And he kept them from constantly bugging me too. Woke up with no migraine this morning. He works pretty long hours all week but always has all day Sunday off unless there's a major emergency. I don't get spoiled like that on Sunday if I'm not sick, but if I am he tries to give me a "sick day". It helps so much. My nausea and vomiting has let up a little more often... hopefully it keeps getting better. But... we just found out we lose our place (rental) at the end of April. Not our fault, they just want to sell it to pay off debt and have less responsibilities. So I have a pile of packing, cleaning and repairing to do... and we need to find another place to live with 5, soon to be 6 kids. We've already warned the two oldest boys that they may end up sharing a room with their 1 year old brother :-(. We just may not be able to find another 4 bedroom for a reasonable rent. Then the baby will be in our room for a long time and I guess eventually in the girls room... it could end up being a very tight fit. Bleh.

CafeMom Tickers
brightstar28
by Ryan on Feb. 23, 2015 at 3:08 PM

It makes little things so much worse!

Quoting RubyDoobie:

Nothing is worse than a bad night's sleep!  I get so grumpy when I can't sleep and it's well into the night and i know i'm going to be dragging the next day. I feel your pain! Better luck tonight!

CafeMom Tickers
mnmo3bb
by Amy on Feb. 23, 2015 at 3:29 PM
I'm sorry, mine sleeps somewhat through the night... He still nurses and wants to do that at night sometimes...

Quoting brightstar28:

He will be 2 April 3rd.  Dh can't put him to sleep if I'm there, but if dh isn't there it's impossible for the kid to sleep through the night.

Quoting mnmo3bb:

tyrelsmom
by Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 3:37 PM
We actually got 3 months warning, we've known for a few weeks already but we were looking into buying this place ourselves. Too expensive tho. :-p Bank won't let us. DH just called, we may be moving into a tiny 3 bedroom trailer and building an addition onto it this summer. We'll be squashed beyond belief until the addition is up... but it won't be a rental, we'd be buying it. Which is maybe something we have to do. Getting into the housing market for the first time with a house actually big enough for our family won't really be possible. DHs big idea is to build the rooms on that we need right away, then pay it off for a good while... and if we decide to stay there eventually get rid of the trailer and finish off the house.
Building the addition won't be hopelessly expensive, DH and his brother both worked in construction for years and we know a heating and plumbing guy who's just starting out on his own so he charges less... and he's been doing a really great job on BILs renovations. SIL is an architect. So no need to hire a contractor. It'll be one of those rare well done DIYs lol.

Quoting brightstar28:

We were going to have to move in March for the same reason: landlord wanted to sell the house.  However, he got a promotion at work and was like "You can stay longer."  So we went from a 5 month lease to a 15 month lease.  We are looking to buy a house after this one is born, and we are just happy we don't have to move in March.  I feel your pain!  I'm sure it's difficult to find a good rental for 8.

Quoting tyrelsmom: I had a migraine all weekend. But yesterday DH took all the kids to church and I slept all morning. Helped a lot. Then at 7 last night after the youngest was in bed he told me to go take a nice relaxing bath and go to bed if I wanted to, he'd take care of the rest of them until they were all in bed. And he kept them from constantly bugging me too. Woke up with no migraine this morning. He works pretty long hours all week but always has all day Sunday off unless there's a major emergency. I don't get spoiled like that on Sunday if I'm not sick, but if I am he tries to give me a "sick day". It helps so much.
My nausea and vomiting has let up a little more often... hopefully it keeps getting better.

But... we just found out we lose our place (rental) at the end of April. Not our fault, they just want to sell it to pay off debt and have less responsibilities. So I have a pile of packing, cleaning and repairing to do... and we need to find another place to live with 5, soon to be 6 kids. We've already warned the two oldest boys that they may end up sharing a room with their 1 year old brother :-(. We just may not be able to find another 4 bedroom for a reasonable rent. Then the baby will be in our room for a long time and I guess eventually in the girls room... it could end up being a very tight fit. Bleh.

monjerm01
by Monica on Feb. 23, 2015 at 10:05 PM
Ugh, I am a B*^%} when I don't get enough sleep.. Especially now that I'm pregnant!!!

Hopefully you'll get lucky and he'll get a good nights rest without daddy being there..

Today was a busy day, with taking kids to school, putting a MOUNTAIN of laundry away and running oldest dd to practice and home for dinner.. I'm exhausted!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)