Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

First ultrasound.... Jitters? Updated!

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 1:49 PM
  • 13 Replies

So, the day I got my BFP, I also had a Pap smear. Well, long story short, the 'doctor' told me I was going to miscarry because my cervix looked weird. 

The dickwad has been fired as my Dr. but now I'm terrified to have my first ultrasound tomorrow. I hate that dr. I really really do. :'(

Update! So I have a huge wiggle worm on my hands! The baby was doing all sorts of flips so we couldn't get a great idea of exactly how far along I am. This was the best pic we got. Did YOU know that ultrasound pics could come out blurry because of baby moving so much?! 

Anywho, i my doc. She has a wonderful sense of humor and said that she knows I'm somewhere around 10-12 weeks but she is sending me downtown to know for sure. She flat out said she was going to spoil me with ultrasounds because if the first dr being a jerk. 

The best part? I didn't have any miscarriage nightmares last night!!!!

by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 1:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tina_a
by Christina on Feb. 23, 2015 at 1:55 PM
That's ridiculous that that doctor would say that! Do people even think before they open their mouth?!? I personally think you should relax everything is gonna be fine! How many weeks are you?
tyrelsmom
by Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 2:11 PM
1 mom liked this
They really need to think before they open their mouths.
Thewife06
by Brooke on Feb. 23, 2015 at 2:14 PM

I'm 11-13 weeks. Well, we think anyway. I told my husband in mid December 'I think I'm pregnant but the test isn't coming up positive.' So I waited until the beginning of January to test again and the test came up positive.  I have PCOS and haven't had a period since the beginning of October. Maybe it was the end of September. 

The dr didn't think at all before speaking. He tried backpedaling but that just made me even more angry so I wound up yelling at him. I had a new dr in less than 24 hours after filing the report against him. In the military, that is UNHEARD of because they need several people to sign off on it. They switched me to a dr who had no openings for new patients, but she heard me yelling and flat out told them to switch me to her. 

I'm trying to relax, but I've been having miscarriage nightmares ever since that appointment. :(

Quoting tina_a: That's ridiculous that that doctor would say that! Do people even think before they open their mouth?!? I personally think you should relax everything is gonna be fine! How many weeks are you?

tina_a
by Christina on Feb. 23, 2015 at 2:24 PM
Chances are if that doctor wouldn't of put doubt in your mind it wouldn't be weighing on you so tremendously now. I know that no matter what people say until you see your baby you won't have relief but think positive I'll be thinking of you! can't wait for you to see your baby!

Quoting Thewife06:

I'm 11-13 weeks. Well, we think anyway. I told my husband in mid December 'I think I'm pregnant but the test isn't coming up positive.' So I waited until the beginning of January to test again and the test came up positive.  I have PCOS and haven't had a period since the beginning of October. Maybe it was the end of September. 

The dr didn't think at all before speaking. He tried backpedaling but that just made me even more angry so I wound up yelling at him. I had a new dr in less than 24 hours after filing the report against him. In the military, that is UNHEARD of because they need several people to sign off on it. They switched me to a dr who had no openings for new patients, but she heard me yelling and flat out told them to switch me to her. 

I'm trying to relax, but I've been having miscarriage nightmares ever since that appointment. :(

Quoting tina_a: That's ridiculous that that doctor would say that! Do people even think before they open their mouth?!? I personally think you should relax everything is gonna be fine! How many weeks are you?

Thewife06
by Brooke on Feb. 23, 2015 at 2:32 PM

Thank you. With my son, it was just pure excitement for the first ultrasound. But yes, the stupid dr got in my head and now I'm just freaked out. 

Quoting tina_a: Chances are if that doctor wouldn't of put doubt in your mind it wouldn't be weighing on you so tremendously now. I know that no matter what people say until you see your baby you won't have relief but think positive I'll be thinking of you! can't wait for you to see your baby!
Quoting Thewife06:

monjerm01
by Monica on Feb. 23, 2015 at 10:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Horrible person!!!!

Everything will be great momma!!! Keep us updated!!
mnmo3bb
by Amy on Feb. 23, 2015 at 10:50 PM

I'm sorry :( I hope the ultrasound goes well! I'm waiting for my next scan, I've had spotting, light bleeding and cramping... saw the heartbeat at almost 7 weeks but want to see it again! 2 weeks & 3 days until my next ultrasound.

Thewife06
by Brooke on Feb. 23, 2015 at 10:56 PM

Thanks. Right now it's raining out, so the roads are super icy so I'm REALLY hoping they don't cancel all of the appointments for tomorrow like they did today. I NEED to see that everything is ok at this point. 

Quoting mnmo3bb:

I'm sorry :( I hope the ultrasound goes well! I'm waiting for my next scan, I've had spotting, light bleeding and cramping... saw the heartbeat at almost 7 weeks but want to see it again! 2 weeks & 3 days until my next ultrasound.

tina_a
by Christina on Feb. 25, 2015 at 12:34 PM
Update?
Thewife06
by Brooke on Feb. 25, 2015 at 1:04 PM

Well, the baby was doing a LOT of flips and this was the best pic we could get. Because of all of their crazy tricks, they can only tell me that they believe I'm 10-12 weeks along, and they lean towards 11-12 weeks, lol. 

The doc I have now is WONDERFUL. She very casually said 'Weell, I guess this means that I'll HAVE to send you down town where they have better ultrasound machines. And then a couple weeks after that you'll just have to go again to find out the gender. 

She had the biggest smile on her face. She agrees with me that I'm 12-13 weeks along and she told me that given that the other dr said anything about my cervix, she's going to spoil me with ultrasounds at any chance possible. :D 

Quoting tina_a: Update?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)