Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone bleed during 1st trimester and everything was fine? (TMI)

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:34 AM
  • 11 Replies

I am 10 weeks 6 days today. Yesterday at 3pm I went to the bathroom and noticed some brownish blood on my underwear. Then, when I wiped there was both brown and pink. No cramps, still have all of my pregnancy symptoms. Now for the TMI: it had almost completely stopped, and then last night when I had a BM it was almost like it irritated it and there was some bright red blood. It was barely there & pink when I went later.  I have my first ultrasound and Dr. appointment in a few hours, but I need some uplifting stories. Someone please tell me that you've been through this and baby was fine.

by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Mar. 4, 2015 at 9:32 AM

i had spotting twice in my 2nd pregnancy, and she is curled up next to me now watching Daniel Tiger =]

eChard
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 9:36 AM
I spotted with my last pregnamcy at 8 weeks for a few days, he is now 2 :) This pregnancy I had a gush of bright red blood, it was from a subchorionic bleed at 6 weeks. I have had an ultrasound since and it has disappeared and baby was growing ahead. :) I think you are fine.
melissa920
by Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 9:51 AM
Couple bought of pinkish red spotting, so far so good!
Curlgurl
by Aubrey on Mar. 5, 2015 at 1:58 AM
How was your appt? I had a pretty good gush of red/pink bleeding with my last pregnancy around 19 weeks and she's sleeping soundly next to me right now :-) never could tell where it came from.
MrsViau
by on Mar. 5, 2015 at 2:04 AM
I had some last pregnancy also, I had placenta previa at 14 weeks and also a placental abruption but that part healed itself. My little girl is now 1 and running all over the place :)

How was your appt?
Duenov30
by Katlyn on Mar. 5, 2015 at 8:01 AM
I had some brown spotting a few days before my ultrasound and everything was good. Hope your appointment went well!
busymomma1015
by Member on Mar. 5, 2015 at 8:17 AM

Well, looks like this will be my last post in this group.

Ultrasound showed a missed miscarriage due to a blighted ovum. There was a placenta and a gestational sac, but not yolk sac or baby. Growth stopped at 6weeks 2 days. The spotting was my body starting (4 weeks later!) the miscarriage process. Had we gotten an ultrasound earlier, we would have known a long time ago.

So now, its a waiting game for me. Bleeding and cramping are very slow and pretty minor for now, but my Dr. said it can take up to 3-4 weeks for everything to happen naturally. They also want to do some more blood tests before they offer me other options, but I'm not stupid, I know whats happening and what I saw. I hope to avoid a D&C and take the pill that hurries things along.

I am absolutely devastated, but the worst part is that the process is so prolonged. I'm miserable. Thanks for the positive stories ladies, I was feeling pretty optimistic going in, but it just wasn't in the cards for me this time.

monjerm01
by Monica on Mar. 5, 2015 at 11:11 AM
Oh no.. I'm so sorry for your loss momma :(

Quoting busymomma1015:

Well, looks like this will be my last post in this group.

Ultrasound showed a missed miscarriage due to a blighted ovum. There was a placenta and a gestational sac, but not yolk sac or baby. Growth stopped at 6weeks 2 days. The spotting was my body starting (4 weeks later!) the miscarriage process. Had we gotten an ultrasound earlier, we would have known a long time ago.

So now, its a waiting game for me. Bleeding and cramping are very slow and pretty minor for now, but my Dr. said it can take up to 3-4 weeks for everything to happen naturally. They also want to do some more blood tests before they offer me other options, but I'm not stupid, I know whats happening and what I saw. I hope to avoid a D&C and take the pill that hurries things along.

I am absolutely devastated, but the worst part is that the process is so prolonged. I'm miserable. Thanks for the positive stories ladies, I was feeling pretty optimistic going in, but it just wasn't in the cards for me this time.

eChard
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2015 at 1:12 PM
So sorry! :'(
Duenov30
by Katlyn on Mar. 5, 2015 at 2:31 PM
I'm sorry for your loss:(
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)