Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How did your family react?

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:29 AM
  • 10 Replies
Did you wait to tell your family until you knew everything was all right or did you tell them right away? What was their reaction?
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Khooks
by Jessica on Mar. 15, 2015 at 10:31 AM
I told some right away then we waited until first ultrasound for the rest. Everyone was very excited for us 😊
monjerm01
by Monica on Mar. 15, 2015 at 11:01 AM
We told everyone right away!!

Of course everyone was so excited but my brother and his wife, and my sister in law and her husband were kind of sad, as they were trying as well.. But they tried their best to hide it and be happy!
firebird78
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 12:31 PM
I still haven't said anything
I probably won't until sometime after 20 weeks
I live in a different part of the country from family so that makes this pretty easy
Duenov30
by Katlyn on Mar. 15, 2015 at 4:31 PM
My sil was trying as well as a friend that lost their baby at 27 weeks back in sept. My sil who I talked to literally every day all day just basically started ignoring me. But she is pregnant now and still barely talking to me. Our friend is still currently trying and she gets upset so I don't talk about it. They've struggled with getting pregnant with both pregnancies. The first was a chemical after a year and then a year later they got pregnant with a girl that they lost but she refuses to go to the doc for any type of assistance or just to see what they say. So I feel bad bc it's never taken us more than a few months but idk what to say to her ya know! Sorry to blow that up lol

My immediate family was excited some asked me if it was planned which pissed me off bc it's not anyone's business lol.

Quoting monjerm01: We told everyone right away!!

Of course everyone was so excited but my brother and his wife, and my sister in law and her husband were kind of sad, as they were trying as well.. But they tried their best to hide it and be happy!
ScrChk23
by Amanda on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:44 PM

We told them this past Friday.  I am 14 weeks.  Everyone was really excited.

monjerm01
by Monica on Mar. 16, 2015 at 12:05 PM
My sister in law and her husband have been trying for over a year and they started late in life, she's 33 and he's 32.. She bleeds for months at a time and no one can figure out why.. She wanted to get pregnant on their own, natural but it's not working so they are going to try Clomid..

My brother and his wife have been trying for 9 months but she just figured out she ovulates late so I'm hoping now that she knows, it'll happen soon!!

I feel bad too because it comes so natural to us, but dh tells me we can't feel that way and we have to be happy for us.

Quoting Duenov30: My sil was trying as well as a friend that lost their baby at 27 weeks back in sept. My sil who I talked to literally every day all day just basically started ignoring me. But she is pregnant now and still barely talking to me. Our friend is still currently trying and she gets upset so I don't talk about it. They've struggled with getting pregnant with both pregnancies. The first was a chemical after a year and then a year later they got pregnant with a girl that they lost but she refuses to go to the doc for any type of assistance or just to see what they say. So I feel bad bc it's never taken us more than a few months but idk what to say to her ya know! Sorry to blow that up lol

My immediate family was excited some asked me if it was planned which pissed me off bc it's not anyone's business lol.

Duenov30
by Katlyn on Mar. 16, 2015 at 2:14 PM
1 mom liked this
That's exactly what my husband says bc I felt incredibly guilty for being able to get pregnant after just a few months.

Our friend her periods have gotten a day longer since her period returned in November. She sd she was going to ask the doctor about it when she received the results of her stillbirth but she didn't and I feel guilty but obviously I can't make her pregnant. Each month she texts me the day it's due thinking she's oregnant and then the next day af comes and she doesn't talk to me for a month again. It sucks but she doesn't want to go to the doc bc she thinks it will just happen but with her history it could take so long. Idk venting I guess bc j feel bad lol

Quoting monjerm01: My sister in law and her husband have been trying for over a year and they started late in life, she's 33 and he's 32.. She bleeds for months at a time and no one can figure out why.. She wanted to get pregnant on their own, natural but it's not working so they are going to try Clomid..

My brother and his wife have been trying for 9 months but she just figured out she ovulates late so I'm hoping now that she knows, it'll happen soon!!

I feel bad too because it comes so natural to us, but dh tells me we can't feel that way and we have to be happy for us.

Quoting Duenov30: My sil was trying as well as a friend that lost their baby at 27 weeks back in sept. My sil who I talked to literally every day all day just basically started ignoring me. But she is pregnant now and still barely talking to me. Our friend is still currently trying and she gets upset so I don't talk about it. They've struggled with getting pregnant with both pregnancies. The first was a chemical after a year and then a year later they got pregnant with a girl that they lost but she refuses to go to the doc for any type of assistance or just to see what they say. So I feel bad bc it's never taken us more than a few months but idk what to say to her ya know! Sorry to blow that up lol

tyrelsmom
by Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 2:35 PM
Annoyingly excited. DH was annoyingly excited too, lol. This was not planned and I needed time to warm up to it which they absolutely refused to give me.
ChristinaH
by Member on Mar. 17, 2015 at 12:51 PM
My MIL was here when I found out so we told her right away. I wanted to wait to tell but my husband was too excited so we told everyone right away
mnmo3bb
by Amy on Mar. 17, 2015 at 11:15 PM

I told my mom first and she was excited! Then I called my MIL and she was excited too! I posted to FB and got some congrats and "likes" but haven't heard from everyone yet haha we're excited so that's all that matters!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)