Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How different have your pregnancies been?

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 1:15 AM
  • 10 Replies

When I was pregnant with my son, I would wake up at 8 am, pass out at 10, then wake up around noon. Then I got over it and had the easiest pregnancy ever. 

This one? Not so much. Puke, nausea, exhaustion, insomnia, hormones galore..... OMG! 

by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 1:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Utt
by Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 1:54 AM
1 mom liked this
With my son I was SUPER sick and constantly puking. Super intense. Stopped at exactly 11 weeks and I was fine after that. No acne, great hair, just great.
This time around I have acne, my hair is terrible, and my morning sickness is still in full effect at 13 weeks. BUT, I haven't been nearly as sick as I was with my son. It's been mostly nighttime sickness. And I haven't puked every day like last time. I went two weeks without puking. Happened yesterday out of the blue. I've been so emotional, and with my son I wasnt. Exhaustion and insomnia too. I've got them both full force as well. The more tired I am the more sick I seem to feel. Sucks.
Khooks
by Jessica on Mar. 16, 2015 at 7:27 AM
With my son I wasnt as sick, it was more food aversions where if I ate that food I was sick and then it was over. This time I was constantly sick for weeks. Finally feeling better. This time I'm also eating a lot more healthy and craving veggies. Last time I was a very unhealthy eater and gained 50lbs, but 2 years ago I started eating more healthy when I started gaining weight and I enjoy eating healthy so I think it's moreso just carried on into pregnancy. I do have a lot of similarities, like sensitive smell and metallic smell, overall tired but less moody.
Duenov30
by Katlyn on Mar. 16, 2015 at 8:12 AM
With both my boys I started puking at exactly 8 weeks. I was exhausted with them which I have this time. With my first son the puking was only after dinner and there was no nausea. My stomach would hurt for like 5 minutes Id puke and be done. With my second son it was pretty much identical except every once in awhile it'd come during the day. They both lasted until like 17-19 weeks or somewhere around that time.
This time it started right before 8 weeks with puking but nausea was so bad it hit at 7 week full force my stomach hurt all day every day then from 8-10 I puked like 3 times a day but not every day. 10-11 just mild nausea but this awful awful taste in my mouth that I can not get rid of. I've puked twice in the last 2 weeks but from 11-12( 12 today) my nausea has been back and bad. So it's pretty different but has similarities. I like that I don't puke every single day like I did with the boys but I don't care for the nausea lol but with the losses the puking and nausea is welcome bc I didn't have that with the losses!
Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Mar. 16, 2015 at 9:50 AM

My first I had one day of nausea, which was the day of my high school graduation and before I knew I was pregnant so I chalked it up to nerves. I had car sickness, and back pain starting at 27w. Back labor, my blood pressure sky rocketed during labor. I pushed for 2 hours. He was born at 37w, I had gained 50 lbs.

My second I was nauseous for 2 weeks, from 6w-8w. Some acne. Towards the end I had extreme pelvic pain, just from Baby's pressure, and holy cow it hurt so bad. She was induced at 41w+4. I pushed for 3 contractions...about 10 minutes. I had gained 50 pounds.

This one I was nauseous from weeks 6-14. Some acne. Cramping. 

monjerm01
by Monica on Mar. 16, 2015 at 11:58 AM
I had morning sickness with my first two girls for a few weeks and this one was for six weeks straight and all day long.. It stopped for a couple of weeks and came back around 14 weeks.. I have acne this time around kind of bad and I didn't with my girls..

I am more exhausted this time but I think it's because I have two kids to tend too and because I'm 30 (lol!).. I also feel like I'm more drained and I have ZERO motivation!

Hoping its a boy!
mnmo3bb
by Amy on Mar. 17, 2015 at 11:15 PM

My first was a girl, I was sick the whole time... threw up into the 3rd tri and even when in labor lol sick all day too. 

2nd & 3rd boys - better after the first tri. Threw up once at about 6 weeks with my 2nd because I waited too long to eat. Threw up with my 3rd at 14 weeks when I stopped taking extra Vit B (guess I should have lowered the dose and eased off lol) but that was it!

4th girl, I remember being sicker in the 2nd tri in the evening vs the 1st tri in the am lol 

5th I was nauseous all day long, I couldn't function but I didn't really throw up unless I ate something bad (Like a turkey sandwhich that sat out too long, got rid of that just so I wouldn't worry lol) 

6th - not sure the gender, I was queasy in the am but ever since 12.5 weeks I've been great! To the point where I feel like I don't have symptoms anymore so seeing the baby on ultrasound helped!

Another thing different: so far I spotted with all my boys! I borderline hemorrhaged after my girls though and had low iron... I bled with this one so I'm 90% sure it's a boy, plus my sickness has eased up so much! lol 

JennasMom2
by Member on Mar. 18, 2015 at 10:58 AM

1st (GIRL) I was nauseous on and off (but never vomited) and tired, but could function and still had quite a bit of energy. I had tachycardia at the end with her which was a little scary! I had her at 37 weeks.

2nd (BOY) I was sick as dog! Vomiting, tired, it was pretty draining. The symptoms didn't get better til I was almost 20 weeks. Then, I had really bad sciatica which required physical therapy at the end.  I had him at 39 weeks.

3rd (GIRL) I had nausea but not too bad and was really tired, I would be in bed by 630pm every night but overall it was a fairly easy pregnancy - towards the end I had horrible sciatica and a ton of pressure/pubic bone pain which lasted for a long time after I had her. :( I had her at 39 weeks,

4th (unknown) I've had nausea and occasional vomiting that started at 5 weeks (super early for me - didn't have any symptoms til 7-8 weeks with others).  Fatigue and pure laziness. I have ZERO energy these days. Ugh! 

RockinMama12
by Member on Mar. 19, 2015 at 12:25 AM

My pregnancy with DD was the easiest ever. This one has almost been the complete opposite. Nausea, exhaustion, a ton more food aversions, etc. 

maybebaby83
by Heather on Mar. 19, 2015 at 11:52 AM

I was really sick with all of my girls... This one is a boy and I haven't gotten sick at all.. It's SO much easier than my girls!!

The food cravings were totally different for all though!

findingmyself14
by Member on Mar. 19, 2015 at 12:01 PM

This is the 3rd & they have all been about the same. Lots of morning sickness, nausea, head aches, and heartburn.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)