Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Themes of nurseries

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 4:36 PM
  • 16 Replies
If you know the gender or are not finding out and decorating the baby's toom anyways, what is it going to be??

The baby will going in our extra room which is currently the girls playroom.. We just re-did it, we painted it, put up Disney Fat Head stickers, dh and FIL built shelves all around and a book shelf.. So now we have to clean out the room, the closet is a mess and set it up for the baby.. Even though the baby won't be sleeping in it till he/she is one or longer, we still wanna get it ready.

I can't believe this is happening, still in shock!!
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 4:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
maybebaby83
by Heather on Mar. 16, 2015 at 4:41 PM

Mobile Photo

We are doing a hiking, camping theme for this little guy :) we bought this quilt today..he won't use it yet, but we will drape it on the crib and use plain sheets :) we are going to do old barn wood shelves anrrd hang old lanterns and stuff ..
monjerm01
by Monica on Mar. 16, 2015 at 5:27 PM
Super cute!!!!

Quoting maybebaby83:

Mobile Photo

We are doing a hiking, camping theme for this little guy :) we bought this quilt today..he won't use it yet, but we will drape it on the crib and use plain sheets :) we are going to do old barn wood shelves anrrd hang old lanterns and stuff ..
Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Mar. 16, 2015 at 5:47 PM
Baby will be in our room for the first year or so, so it won't have a nursery, more like a corner. Lol. And we're not finding out so we can't get the room baby will be going into ready...since it will be sharing with the same gender sibling. My daughters room is bigger than DS's room so if it's a girl I'll just put baby in that room when she's older, but if it's a boy I have to switch the kids rooms around. ...which will require paint. Haha so,it'll probably take that whole year to get both rooms redone with the new baby haha! But it's all good. I haven't done a theme with either of the first two either, so it's not a big deal this one doesn't have one either. Just whatever I find that I like. Lol
monjerm01
by Monica on Mar. 16, 2015 at 6:35 PM
This is us too..

With our first, her crib was in our room for almost two years and than her toddler bed was in our room for a few months until we moved her to her room.. Her room was for all of her toys.. With the second, we set up her room with a crib, dresser and her theme was butterflies with the colors pink and chocolate brown but she slept in our room in bassinet and than in our bed.

Quoting Mrs.Brugger: Baby will be in our room for the first year or so, so it won't have a nursery, more like a corner. Lol. And we're not finding out so we can't get the room baby will be going into ready...since it will be sharing with the same gender sibling. My daughters room is bigger than DS's room so if it's a girl I'll just put baby in that room when she's older, but if it's a boy I have to switch the kids rooms around. ...which will require paint. Haha so,it'll probably take that whole year to get both rooms redone with the new baby haha! But it's all good. I haven't done a theme with either of the first two either, so it's not a big deal this one doesn't have one either. Just whatever I find that I like. Lol
maybebaby83
by Heather on Mar. 16, 2015 at 9:14 PM
Guess I should add our baby will be in our room too lol..rooms are fun to decorate though! our 2 and 4 year olds still snuggles in a few nights a week..
monjerm01
by Monica on Mar. 16, 2015 at 9:28 PM
Our four year still comes in our bed in the middle of the night.. I need to try to break her out of it this summer :/

Quoting maybebaby83: Guess I should add our baby will be in our room too lol..rooms are fun to decorate though! our 2 and 4 year olds still snuggles in a few nights a week..
Duenov30
by Katlyn on Mar. 17, 2015 at 7:26 AM
1 mom liked this
My four year old is in with us too. He does not want to sleep in his own room at all! He was fine in his room until one day when my husband traveled he wanted him in bed with us bc he missed him and then I never made him get out bc I liked not sleeping alone lol.

Quoting monjerm01: Our four year still comes in our bed in the middle of the night.. I need to try to break her out of it this summer :/

Quoting maybebaby83: Guess I should add our baby will be in our room too lol..rooms are fun to decorate though! our 2 and 4 year olds still snuggles in a few nights a week..
Khooks
by Jessica on Mar. 17, 2015 at 7:59 AM
I can't wait to find out in 22 days lol. I haven't really decided but we have some Pinterest ideas.
ChristinaH
by Member on Mar. 17, 2015 at 9:39 AM
My youngest and the baby will be sharing a room. This baby is getting jipped lol. Since the baby and emmitt are both boys the baby will just use the crib set from emmitt since his room is already decorated with it. Its jungle sports animals. It's a cute set and it was expect so I'm glad we will be able to use it again
mnmo3bb
by Amy on Mar. 17, 2015 at 10:55 PM

what's Disney fat head?

We will find out the gender but only our first had her own room and that didn't last long lol our 2nd got his own room when he was ten months old though and we just did their rooms painted pink for our daughter and blue for our son... themes have changed over the years I suppose... 

My dad loved monkeys and he passed away in 2010 so monkeys will be big for sure. i also like classic pooh for babies and precious moments... baby will be in our room so there won't be an official theme lol 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)