Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

breast pumps?!

Posted by on May. 5, 2015 at 10:36 AM
  • 11 Replies
I used a medela pump from the hospital with my 2 yo. It was decent but I never got much out on a regular basis. I am reading excellent reviews on spectra brands and wondered if any of you beautiful ladies have tried one.

I found someone in my area on fb giving a working medela pump in style away for free and I still have alot of pieces for it. I am still hoping to try to get one from my insurance though.

Any suggestions? Recommendations?
by on May. 5, 2015 at 10:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
monjerm01
by Monica on May. 5, 2015 at 11:46 AM
The hospital gave me a really good one when I had my first (almost 9 years ago) and it still worked great for our second baby.. Our insurance gives free ones but I'm not sure what brand it is.. I can't put the order in until a month before due date so we shall see!
_Crazy_Beauty
by Tracey on May. 5, 2015 at 4:56 PM
Well that's great. I have to do research aND call to see the options I have.

Quoting monjerm01: The hospital gave me a really good one when I had my first (almost 9 years ago) and it still worked great for our second baby.. Our insurance gives free ones but I'm not sure what brand it is.. I can't put the order in until a month before due date so we shall see!
eChard
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2015 at 5:27 PM
I used the Medela Pump In Style. I had to have
milk ducts removed due to abnormal cells years ago. I only have 50% of my milk ducts in my left breast and my right I cant the milk out. Anyway, I needed one with a strong suction to get the max milk out. This one was recommended by the hospital. I also compared with some others and the pump in style had max suction. You can also get them serviced to provide for your needs. I was successful with feeding my son from only one breast with missing 50% of my ducts using this pump :)
ChutterButter
by Christina on May. 5, 2015 at 6:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Never used a pump but will this time so here's a Bump! And I'm gonna follow this post 😊
_Crazy_Beauty
by Tracey on May. 7, 2015 at 11:26 AM

Thats really good! I hope you the same of better success this time around!

Quoting eChard: I used the Medela Pump In Style. I had to have milk ducts removed due to abnormal cells years ago. I only have 50% of my milk ducts in my left breast and my right I cant the milk out. Anyway, I needed one with a strong suction to get the max milk out. This one was recommended by the hospital. I also compared with some others and the pump in style had max suction. You can also get them serviced to provide for your needs. I was successful with feeding my son from only one breast with missing 50% of my ducts using this pump :)

_Crazy_Beauty
by Tracey on May. 7, 2015 at 11:55 AM

I exclusively breastfed as well and loved it. didn't need a pump much but when i did it was nice to have one around. This time around i plan to keep a stash of Breastmilk on hand for when i just need to get away. I didn't do that with my dd and I wish i had. I was always rushing to pump milk out and could never get enough out with the pump so i was always on a time limit when i left the house.

Quoting nolazimmer: I used a Medela pump dual action. I didn't pump that much because I exclusively breast feed. But when I did not much would come out. I was told it wouldn't matter on pump. But I would bet a commercial grade pump would be great with getting great milky results.

findingmyself14
by Member on May. 7, 2015 at 6:12 PM
Can you order from areoflow? I got mine last week & they went ahead and set it to me even though my Dr won't write the rx until baby is born! I got spectra s2, I have read great things about it.

Quoting monjerm01: The hospital gave me a really good one when I had my first (almost 9 years ago) and it still worked great for our second baby.. Our insurance gives free ones but I'm not sure what brand it is.. I can't put the order in until a month before due date so we shall see!
findingmyself14
by Member on May. 7, 2015 at 6:13 PM
Check out the spectra pumps! I have read great things about them!

Quoting _Crazy_Beauty:

I exclusively breastfed as well and loved it. didn't need a pump much but when i did it was nice to have one around. This time around i plan to keep a stash of Breastmilk on hand for when i just need to get away. I didn't do that with my dd and I wish i had. I was always rushing to pump milk out and could never get enough out with the pump so i was always on a time limit when i left the house.

Quoting nolazimmer: I used a Medela pump dual action. I didn't pump that much because I exclusively breast feed. But when I did not much would come out. I was told it wouldn't matter on pump. But I would bet a commercial grade pump would be great with getting great milky results.

eChard
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2015 at 6:22 PM
Thank you. It was a big victory for me both physically, mentally, and emotionally :)

Quoting _Crazy_Beauty:

Thats really good! I hope you the same of better success this time around!

Quoting eChard: I used the Medela Pump In Style. I had to have milk ducts removed due to abnormal cells years ago. I only have 50% of my milk ducts in my left breast and my right I cant the milk out. Anyway, I needed one with a strong suction to get the max milk out. This one was recommended by the hospital. I also compared with some others and the pump in style had max suction. You can also get them serviced to provide for your needs. I was successful with feeding my son from only one breast with missing 50% of my ducts using this pump :)

monjerm01
by Monica on May. 8, 2015 at 8:11 AM
Hmmmmm, I'll have to look into that, thanks!

Quoting findingmyself14: Can you order from areoflow? I got mine last week & they went ahead and set it to me even though my Dr won't write the rx until baby is born! I got spectra s2, I have read great things about it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)