Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

calling all mommas of preemies!

Posted by on May. 7, 2015 at 12:54 PM
  • 3 Replies
Hey ladies so I had an appt yesterday and everything looked great! Baby is good and I'm fine too. The problem is that my last pregnancy was very difficult and ended in an emergency csection at 38w2d. Baby and I were both fine but the problem was preeclampsia. So far this time bp has been good. This is the furthest I have made it with out bp meds. Given my history and 3 previous sections, this baby will be a section as well. Dr said she will not let me go past 38 weeks this time as a precaution. She is not sure I will make it that far though and though she is hopeful she wants me to be prepared for the possibility of a preemie. This scares me as all my kids were born between 38 and 40 weeks. If you could share your experiences/advice it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ladies for reading.
by on May. 7, 2015 at 12:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
tina_a
by Christina on May. 7, 2015 at 1:14 PM
My older dd was born at 36 weeks but had been trying to come for weeks before that. I eventually decide to do an amniocentesis which was totally my choice to make sure her lungs were developed, otherwise I would have held her in lol but they were and they induced me.
monjerm01
by Monica on May. 7, 2015 at 1:21 PM
Isabella almost 9 now, came at 34 weeks.. My water broke on its own.. She weighted 3lbs 11oz.. She was in the hospital for a week and doing great but then got an infection from a baby in the same room as her.. She had to spend 5 more weeks in the hospital but is perfectly healthy now!

I was diagnosed with IUGR in the third trimester with my last pregnancy so they induced at 38w, she came at 5lbs 11oz and came home as soon as we got discharged!

This time everything looks great and my midwife said she is going to let me go till the end as there is no problems!!

Your baby will be strong and healthy at 38w I just know it!
findingmyself14
by Member on May. 7, 2015 at 6:21 PM
Dd1 was a 32 week baby due to a horrible kidney infection, the infection had actually went to her and after a week in the hospital they induced me because of a temp with 104. She spent 9 days in the hospital and was born at 4.6lbs.

Dd2 was 36 weeks & my water broke. She was perfectly healthy and was 6.7lbs. She came home with us.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)