• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UTI

Posted by on May. 17, 2015 at 5:37 PM
  • 18 Replies
So it is defintely a UTI and I just picked up the antibiotics.. I have to take one cephalexin twice a day for a week, I hope this takes it away and it stays away!

I've never had a uti so taking antibiotics during pregnancy scares me!!

Anyone else had to do this while pregnant?
by on May. 17, 2015 at 5:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jobberwocky
by Chrissy on May. 17, 2015 at 6:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Not for a uti but I've taken antibiotics while pregnant. Had some 4 weeks ago had to take it 4 times a day for 7 days.
findingmyself14
by Member on May. 17, 2015 at 7:28 PM

Yes, I had a uti during both pregnancies. I havent had one yet. With dd1 i had a uti & I ended up having a temp of 104 & they induced me at 32 weeks! They arent anything to play around with! At 33 weeks with dd2 i was in the hospital with one & at 35 she tried to come. I am taking cranberry pills at the moment to try to keep them away. I hope that you get to feeling better! With dd2 I took antibotics for a few weeks before she was born.

Duenov30
by Katlyn on May. 17, 2015 at 7:30 PM
I haven't had to take them for a uti but I had to take them with my second bc I got strep throat! I hope it gets better quickly!!!
answeredprayer
by Bronze Member on May. 18, 2015 at 9:49 AM
Ugh I hate UTIs. I hope you feel better soon.
monjerm01
by Monica on May. 18, 2015 at 11:10 AM
Ok I needed to hear positive stories!!!!!

Quoting findingmyself14:

Yes, I had a uti during both pregnancies. I havent had one yet. With dd1 i had a uti & I ended up having a temp of 104 & they induced me at 32 weeks! They arent anything to play around with! At 33 weeks with dd2 i was in the hospital with one & at 35 she tried to come. I am taking cranberry pills at the moment to try to keep them away. I hope that you get to feeling better! With dd2 I took antibotics for a few weeks before she was born.

monjerm01
by Monica on May. 18, 2015 at 11:11 AM
Thank you!!

I have no symptoms at all except the spotting, I'm hoping it clears up fast!!

Quoting Duenov30: I haven't had to take them for a uti but I had to take them with my second bc I got strep throat! I hope it gets better quickly!!!
monjerm01
by Monica on May. 18, 2015 at 11:11 AM
Thanks!!

Quoting answeredprayer: Ugh I hate UTIs. I hope you feel better soon.
Khooks
by Jessica on May. 18, 2015 at 1:52 PM
I had one the beginning g of my last pregnancy took the antibiotics and that was that. Hope you feel better!
eChard
by Bronze Member on May. 18, 2015 at 2:52 PM
I did at about 12 weeks this pregmancy. I don't remember what they gave me but I had to take it 2x day for a week. I've been fine since.
monjerm01
by Monica on May. 18, 2015 at 3:26 PM
1 mom liked this
I feel better knowing a lot of people have experienced this (not that I want anyone sick lol)!!

Thank you!

Quoting Khooks: I had one the beginning g of my last pregnancy took the antibiotics and that was that. Hope you feel better!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)