Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Makenna's Growth Update (2 months)

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 2:44 PM
  • 11 Replies
2 moms liked this

Some of you might remember Makenna was induced at 37 weeks and born at 37+1 weighing 5lbs 5oz. I then had supply issues and after a month she was still only weighing 5.18lbs (we think it could have been caused by me losing 30 pounds in that month and my body giving weight loss a priority over milk production, but who knows what caused it). We tried Reglan to help fix/build my milk supply which gave me low grade seizures so I [obviously] couldn't continue with that. I have a friend who had a baby a few weeks after Makenna was born and she is a freakin milk machine, so she's been sharing with us to keep Makenna on an almost all breastmilk diet. I'm still nursing as well, with bottles of BM afterwards, and I pump sometimes as well (during naps, after she's gone to bed). My supply is still nowhere near where it should be, and I'm extremely frustrated with my body over this issue, but am so incredibly thankful for my friend.

Anyway. Little Dolly had her 2 month appointment this morning. She's at 7.54 pounds (she's gained a pound in 2 weeks) and 21.5 inches long (grew an inch an a half in those 2 weeks!). Overall, her ped is pleased with her growth and she's finally back on track. She's still only in the 11th percentile, but she's healthy, very happy, and is finally growing =]  It's such a relief that she is, and that her doctor is happy with her progress. It's been very stressful. She was in preemie clothes until she was a month old, and her NB clothes fit fine, some pants are too big, and her 0-3 month clothes can't even come out yet bc she'd still be swimming in them. But she's adorable, and happy, and generally very happy. So we're good =]

(So you can see her growth)

by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 2:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
monjerm01
by Monica on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:36 PM
Have you tried the teas to get your milk supply up??

She is adorable!!! Glad she is finally growing!
mugglemama
by New Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:45 PM
If you are wanting to increase your supply I have a suggestion. I have twin that were are almost one. In the beginning I had to pump because they were in the nicu for a month. It caused and over supply. Once they came home it was more regular. But at about 7 months I noticed I wasn't making as much. I looked into using essential oils because ive used them for other things health wise. I started using fennel oil just a few drop on top if each breast close to my arm pit. Within a few days I was full and my girls were much happier. I use oils from young living. They are the best out there I've found. Your makenna is such a sweet pretty girl😍
Khooks
by Jessica on Oct. 27, 2015 at 11:08 AM
Yay glad she's growing! She looks much better than one month pic. My Eliza won't STOP growing. She's in 9mo clothes mostly now still some 6mo and but also a few 12mo 😳 We go tomorrow for checkup and dreaded shots.
monjerm01
by Monica on Oct. 27, 2015 at 9:21 PM
What????!!!!!!

Wow.. Hunter barely got out of his newborn clothes and some 0-3 fit him big! He'll be three months tomorrow 😥

Quoting Khooks: Yay glad she's growing! She looks much better than one month pic. My Eliza won't STOP growing. She's in 9mo clothes mostly now still some 6mo and but also a few 12mo 😳 We go tomorrow for checkup and dreaded shots.
Duenov30
by Katlyn on Oct. 27, 2015 at 10:04 PM
Jesse he's tiny lol piper is 10 lbs 5 ozs ( as of yesterday) and had to jump up to 0-3 last week bc sleepers were too little and the pants that match onsies were more like capris lol

Quoting monjerm01: What????!!!!!!

Wow.. Hunter barely got out of his newborn clothes and some 0-3 fit him big! He'll be three months tomorrow 😥

Quoting Khooks: Yay glad she's growing! She looks much better than one month pic. My Eliza won't STOP growing. She's in 9mo clothes mostly now still some 6mo and but also a few 12mo 😳 We go tomorrow for checkup and dreaded shots.
allycally
by Member on Oct. 27, 2015 at 10:08 PM
She is so tiny!BUT you can definitely see her growth!!
Khooks
by Jessica on Oct. 28, 2015 at 7:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Aww! I'm sure he will catch up! Both my babies were giants lol. I call her my hulk baby.

Khooks
by Jessica on Oct. 28, 2015 at 9:50 AM
Oh and I'm also a little jealous because I'm about to go broke on clothes!! She has barely any 12mo clothes so that's what I'm telling family for Christmas.

monjerm01
by Monica on Oct. 29, 2015 at 12:08 AM
Hahaha!! Cute name ;)

Quoting Khooks: Aww! I'm sure he will catch up! Both my babies were giants lol. I call her my hulk baby.

monjerm01
by Monica on Oct. 29, 2015 at 12:09 AM
I bet.. And it doesn't help that girls clothes are sooo cute!!

Quoting Khooks: Oh and I'm also a little jealous because I'm about to go broke on clothes!! She has barely any 12mo clothes so that's what I'm telling family for Christmas.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)