Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

last baby

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2015 at 1:38 PM
  • 15 Replies

Mobile Photo

Dh had his vasectomy last week and I'm a little sad. We knew from the beginning we only wanted two kids. We have two amazing little boys, but I am somewhat mourning the loss of ever having a daughter. Normal feelings? I'm not sure. But knowing this is my last has been a little difficult. Anyone else in the same boat?

Here is my son, left and me when I was a baby:)
by on Nov. 16, 2015 at 1:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
monjerm01
by Monica on Nov. 16, 2015 at 11:19 PM
We had talked about this one being the last one (we have two girls and now a boy), I was suppose to get my tubes tied after I had him but it wasn't a guarantee I would get into the surgery and I didn't wanna starve all day and not get in.. Plus I had him early and he had to be in the NICU so I wanted to start breastfeeding ASAP.

I was suppose to schedule it so it's a guarantee spot but ya, I went for my consultation and that's as far I got hahah..

I would want one more, dh is done, but we haven't done anything to prevent but "pull and pray" method..

I was sad at the idea of not having anymore babies but dh made a good point.. We had our first at 34w, she was in the NICU for 6w, our second was induced at 38w and our third came at 35w and spent 12 days in the NICU, what if the next one came earlier??

I guess we'll see what the future brings for us.. I'm sorry your having an emotional time, but it's normal momma! Just enjoy your healthy babies and wait for grand babies lol!
wmendes
by Member on Nov. 17, 2015 at 12:13 AM
Aww mama I feel you :(

While we are not done (just had our first) we have decided to wait at least 4 years until the next one because we need to move (we live with his mom now -_-)

I've always always wanted my babes close in age. Like max 3 years...was hoping for 2 years. My little bro and I are 8.5 years apart and I never really got to play with him or do much of anything. Even now (he's 14) he can't share everything with me because I still see him as my baby bro.

Tho honestly i think I want another boy :-) I just feel like I was meant to be a boy mom.
ScrChk23
by Amanda on Nov. 17, 2015 at 6:50 AM
I think it is normal. We have five kids total (his mine his ours ours). I had my tubes tied during my c section. Kinda makes me sad because I love the baby snuggles and baby grins but our family is a decent size and financially we would not be able to have any more. Plus the older two are already in sports, DH and I both work full time, and our days are already crazy packed.

If you decide later on that your family is not complete, there is adoption and a reversal that are possible.
Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Nov. 17, 2015 at 9:15 AM
DH is supposed to get snipped but I swear he's going to put it off until he's dead. I've told him a million times to do it, he always says "I know, I will" and I bought condoms and he still just pulls out. Nobody's fault but his own if we get #4 lol. However, I'm glad to be done (at least...for now. Who knows how I'll feel in a year) but we are done. We have a boy and two girls and that's enough for us.
I'm sorry you're sad about not having a girl. :-/
maybebaby83
by Heather on Nov. 18, 2015 at 11:08 PM
You sound like me. I would totally have one more but I'm pretty sure my husband is done. He was supposed to get a vasectomy while I was pregnant though And never has. We've been very lucky with all three of our children, they all came on time or legs they were all very healthy. The only thing I think that really stops him from wanting another one is the fact that kids take up so much of your time. There are days where we feel like we get absolutely nothing done around the house, at least as they get older they become a little more independent and we can get things done. Plus, money. We have two girls and now one boy and I think if we were guaranteed we would have one more boy to even things out he would be on board, but there's just no guarantees

Quoting monjerm01: We had talked about this one being the last one (we have two girls and now a boy), I was suppose to get my tubes tied after I had him but it wasn't a guarantee I would get into the surgery and I didn't wanna starve all day and not get in.. Plus I had him early and he had to be in the NICU so I wanted to start breastfeeding ASAP.

I was suppose to schedule it so it's a guarantee spot but ya, I went for my consultation and that's as far I got hahah..

I would want one more, dh is done, but we haven't done anything to prevent but "pull and pray" method..

I was sad at the idea of not having anymore babies but dh made a good point.. We had our first at 34w, she was in the NICU for 6w, our second was induced at 38w and our third came at 35w and spent 12 days in the NICU, what if the next one came earlier??

I guess we'll see what the future brings for us.. I'm sorry your having an emotional time, but it's normal momma! Just enjoy your healthy babies and wait for grand babies lol!
maybebaby83
by Heather on Nov. 18, 2015 at 11:09 PM
Plus, my middle child is 3 and anyone who has ever had a 3 year old little girl knows they don't make having more kids very appealing lol. 3 is just the worst age ever

Quoting maybebaby83: You sound like me. I would totally have one more but I'm pretty sure my husband is done. He was supposed to get a vasectomy while I was pregnant though And never has. We've been very lucky with all three of our children, they all came on time or legs they were all very healthy. The only thing I think that really stops him from wanting another one is the fact that kids take up so much of your time. There are days where we feel like we get absolutely nothing done around the house, at least as they get older they become a little more independent and we can get things done. Plus, money. We have two girls and now one boy and I think if we were guaranteed we would have one more boy to even things out he would be on board, but there's just no guarantees

Quoting monjerm01: We had talked about this one being the last one (we have two girls and now a boy), I was suppose to get my tubes tied after I had him but it wasn't a guarantee I would get into the surgery and I didn't wanna starve all day and not get in.. Plus I had him early and he had to be in the NICU so I wanted to start breastfeeding ASAP.

monjerm01
by Monica on Nov. 18, 2015 at 11:12 PM
That's exactly what dh says.. If we were guananteed to have another boy, he would want to have them close together so Hunter had someone to play with since he sees how close the girls are.. But like you said, no guarantees!

Quoting maybebaby83: You sound like me. I would totally have one more but I'm pretty sure my husband is done. He was supposed to get a vasectomy while I was pregnant though And never has. We've been very lucky with all three of our children, they all came on time or legs they were all very healthy. The only thing I think that really stops him from wanting another one is the fact that kids take up so much of your time. There are days where we feel like we get absolutely nothing done around the house, at least as they get older they become a little more independent and we can get things done. Plus, money. We have two girls and now one boy and I think if we were guaranteed we would have one more boy to even things out he would be on board, but there's just no guarantees

maybebaby83
by Heather on Nov. 18, 2015 at 11:15 PM
Oops late kids, not legs haha

OneNotDone
by Member on Nov. 19, 2015 at 6:40 PM
Haha you don't like 3? 3 was my favorite age with my son. It's what made me want another. Lol. I would want one more if I knew I was going to have a girl, but I could not imagine having three boys lol. Plus, financially I know it's best to have 2. We love our life just the way it is. 2 is perfect for us. I guess I'm just still wishing (just a little bit) that he was the girl I dreamed of.. lol definitely not wishing for a third though. It's hard to explain I guess.

Quoting maybebaby83: Plus, my middle child is 3 and anyone who has ever had a 3 year old little girl knows they don't make having more kids very appealing lol. 3 is just the worst age ever

eChard
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2015 at 11:48 PM
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

I had a reversal after 15 years so I know all about it. I thought I was done, I was fine with it but had a change of heart. The heart wants what the heart wants. Paul and Luna are my tubal reversal babies ❤️
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)