• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

weaning - substitute for breast milk?

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 9:31 AM
  • 5 Replies
Hi ladies! I hope all your babies are doing well.
I am down to feeding Adalia right before bed and in the morning only. And I think I can get away with skipping the morning feeding. I think it's a good time to stop breastfeeding altogether. My question is, what have you started feeding your little ones in a bottle instead of breast milk? I've tried giving her warm cow milk and she didn't want it. I feel like I need to give her something warm and delicious in a bottle before bed for her to go down easily. Thanks in advance.
Melissa
by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 9:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
monjerm01
by Monica on Oct. 30, 2016 at 12:07 AM
We are still going strong on the breast feeding but with my other two girls I just gave them warm cows milk in a sippy cup.. they didn't like it at first but I just kept trying and trying and finally they took and loved it!

Good luck!
Khooks
by Jessica on Oct. 30, 2016 at 12:50 PM
I didn't breastfeed but when we switched off of formula she takes almond milk
RubyDoobie
by Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 2:41 PM

Quoting Khooks: I didn't breastfeed but when we switched off of formula she takes almond milk

do you use unsweetened or flavored?

RubyDoobie
by Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting monjerm01: We are still going strong on the breast feeding but with my other two girls I just gave them warm cows milk in a sippy cup.. they didn't like it at first but I just kept trying and trying and finally they took and loved it! Good luck!

Thanks! I tried a few times but on only two separate days with the cow's milk. I'll keep trying it on her.

Khooks
by Jessica on Nov. 1, 2016 at 2:44 PM
Flavored. Her ped wants the highest calorie.

Quoting RubyDoobie:

Quoting Khooks: I didn't breastfeed but when we switched off of formula she takes almond milk

do you use unsweetened or flavored?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)