Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help! weird last name troubles!

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 7:00 PM
  • 14 Replies
Well our family name is Burger lol exactly how it sounds. I tried talking with my in laws about the difficulty of finding the right name. They all asked why? I told them it's impossible to find a name that doesn't sound like a menu option lol ! They hadn't given it a second thought hahaha! 😁👏 we have a few ideas but we haven't settled on anything. Elias, ellick, avelyn, we are messing around with our grandmothers' names and grandpa's but we haven't settled on anything yet.
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 7:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ksanders
by Kristin on Apr. 10, 2015 at 7:59 PM

wow that is an interesting last name. I'd love to make a food joke here, but I'm sure you've heard them all lol

Mommy to
Alexis Nicole 12/03/2006
Anna Renee 2/29/2008
Khloe Madison 2/15/2011

CafeMom Tickers

Ferngully549
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 8:10 PM

I have an italian last name that has 17 letters ending in -O. I have to try really hard to not make any children sound like mob wives or mob bosses LOL no, seriously.

I think you could stick to family names and it should be fine, even with Burger. I knew a girl named Marlena Burgher and she didn't sound like she came out of a food truck :)

JennPearce
by on Apr. 11, 2015 at 2:02 AM

Those names you mentioned would be very cute! :) 

ShellBeth
by Michelle on Apr. 11, 2015 at 8:19 AM
Just don't name him cheese or bacon ;) hahaha.
todmom92
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2015 at 3:20 PM
Yeah I married into it so I make the most of them! I love it! I call our babies sliders! This is the first baby shower I get to organize so I plan to take full advantage of it! 😃

Quoting ksanders:

wow that is an interesting last name. I'd love to make a food joke here, but I'm sure you've heard them all lol

todmom92
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2015 at 3:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Hahaha no, but my husband tries. I think it would be hilarious if I chose a name after a type of cheese and passed it off seriously to the in-laws lol.

Quoting ShellBeth: Just don't name him cheese or bacon ;) hahaha.
todmom92
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2015 at 3:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you! We like them too, we just have to find the right middle name.

Quoting JennPearce:

Those names you mentioned would be very cute! :) 

todmom92
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2015 at 3:43 PM
That would be tricky, I think it'd be nice though lol. NO one would make fun of a kid with a name like that! I tried pairing celebrity baby names with our last name for fun, and most of them sounded like menu options! For us we have either really popular family names or unique ones. His dad's side has this thing where all first born son's are given names that start with J. I don't know if we will follow that.

Quoting Ferngully549:

I have an italian last name that has 17 letters ending in -O. I have to try really hard to not make any children sound like mob wives or mob bosses LOL no, seriously.

I think you could stick to family names and it should be fine, even with Burger. I knew a girl named Marlena Burgher and she didn't sound like she came out of a food truck :)

ksanders
by Kristin on Apr. 11, 2015 at 3:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Omg sliders. That is so freakin adorable!

Quoting todmom92: Yeah I married into it so I make the most of them! I love it! I call our babies sliders! This is the first baby shower I get to organize so I plan to take full advantage of it! 😃

Quoting ksanders:

tjane3000
by Bronze Member on Apr. 12, 2015 at 9:06 PM
I wouldn't use Elias. The Elias brothers owned the Big Boy chains and they are famous for their burgers. Lol I actually worked at one for about 10 years. It's not a bad last name though! My neighbors last name is Dickerson and they named their kid Jack. Whats even worse is the dad's name is Peter 😳.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)