• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you and your SO do?

Posted by on May. 5, 2015 at 12:31 PM
  • 19 Replies
I'm a stay at home mom until all the Littles ones go to school. I'm also a makeup artist but I usually only work on Saturdays and stay busy threw the wedding and prom seasons. Then it picks up again in early fall. Winter is basically dead except for maybe a Christmas wedding. I love my job as being a stay at home mom I also enjoy building my buisness in makeup cause I really have a flexible schedule and I love making people feel beautiful!

My husband is a truck driver He is usually home sat mornings and leaves out late Sunday early Monday. Sometimes he stays gone threw the weekend during the summer when his company is busiest. He drives dry van mostly. It's okay. I enjoy having my along time threw the week, however it sucks he can't be there threw doctors appointments or when I have a bad day, but I'm so use to it now it ain't to bad and I've become pretty independent. With my last baby I even drove myself home from the hospital! Lol

What do you and your SO do? Do u like his job and your job?
by on May. 5, 2015 at 12:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ShellBeth
by Michelle on May. 5, 2015 at 12:34 PM
I am a litigation attorney. I'm lucky that I get to work from home most days so I get to spend alot of time with my kids.
DH is a police officer. He works nights, which sucks. I never get any help with cranky babies at nights (uunless he is off) so that makes it pretty hard most of the time.
amberNewman0213
by Member on May. 5, 2015 at 12:38 PM
Ugh yea I think working nights is the worst. I actually enjoyed 3rd shift befor I became a mom. I would be worried sick expecially on those busy "crime nights" like weekends. Shew!

Quoting ShellBeth: I am a litigation attorney. I'm lucky that I get to work from home most days so I get to spend alot of time with my kids.
DH is a police officer. He works nights, which sucks. I never get any help with cranky babies at nights (uunless he is off) so that makes it pretty hard most of the time.
ShellBeth
by Michelle on May. 5, 2015 at 2:42 PM
I keep trying to convince him to switch to days but he says that the day shift isnt fun enough.

Quoting amberNewman0213: Ugh yea I think working nights is the worst. I actually enjoyed 3rd shift befor I became a mom. I would be worried sick expecially on those busy "crime nights" like weekends. Shew!

Quoting ShellBeth: I am a litigation attorney. I'm lucky that I get to work from home most days so I get to spend alot of time with my kids.
Ferngully549
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2015 at 3:18 PM

I was an accountant/HR manager until a week ago, then I got sick of it and quit to become a SAHM. My dh works oilfield as a boilermaker. Right now he is working in Houston so we don't see each other often, I don't mind alone time either (he was military before so I got used to it) but I wish he could be at doc appts, or when I have crazy pregnancy horniness would be nice too lol

tjane3000
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2015 at 4:10 PM
I am a SAHM. I do family photography occasionally but it's more of a hobby that brings in some money rather than a 'job'. My dh is a senior project manager for Seimens Winergy Corporation. He basically manages wind technicians and projects all over the world involving wind turbines. I absolutely love his job. It's a 9-5 and he can work from home if necessary. The only thing that's hard is we had to move out of state away from family for it. Other than that I can't complain.
raindowsmash9
by Member on May. 5, 2015 at 4:33 PM
I'm a sham my DH is a CDL driver local not OR thank god. I'm going back to school for photography.
kmfish
by Member on May. 5, 2015 at 4:48 PM
I also am a stay at home mom and makeup artist. My husband is a police officer.
lovely.mess
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2015 at 4:55 PM
I'm a stay at home mom which has become very boring over the years since the kids are in school all day. Not as much to clean haha .... DH is a truck driver used to be over the road but drives local for the past few years.
JennPearce
by on May. 5, 2015 at 6:03 PM

I'm a SAHM homeschooling my 2nd grader and taking care of my 2 younger LO's. :) DH is in the Navy. He is an assistant Navigator. Basically he draws the maps and lets the people driving the submarine know where they are going. I'm used to him being gone a lot since we have been together almost 10 years. I've been very fortunate to have him home for every birth though! A lot of my friends haven't been so lucky.  

ele2837
by Erika on May. 5, 2015 at 6:23 PM
I'm a SAHM. My husband is a Project Manager for an oilfield construction company. He used to work offshore but got a position if the office the week that our first was born. I miss the overtime checks, but I like the predictably now. He works 7-5 now and 5 days a week. It's been nice having him home so much
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)