• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you WANT to get a big bump?

Posted by on May. 5, 2015 at 3:16 PM
  • 16 Replies

I am actually hoping my bump stays small like with my son. It wasn't even that big but I was still sooo uncomfortable. I can't imagine getting a big basketball belly. Here I was at almost 8 months:

I hope that's as big as I get this time, I'd be fine with not having a big bump!

by on May. 5, 2015 at 3:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tjane3000
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2015 at 4:30 PM
Awe, you were tiny! I wish I stayed small but I usually get pretty huge. I was pretty tiny before I got pregnant(125lbs) and everyone said 'your gonna have such a cute belly'. I gained 60lbs and my ds was 9'4 😑. I was NOT cute! Lol
raindowsmash9
by Member on May. 5, 2015 at 4:36 PM
I would be nice to have a small one but its highly unlikely
ShellBeth
by Michelle on May. 5, 2015 at 4:44 PM

I like it when my belly gets big because then it actually looks like I am pregnant and not just fat like right now HAHA. I always get HUGE.

Here was my first in September 2008

Here is my second - May 2010

And here was #3. This was 2 weeks before i had him and I still looked huge!

Ferngully549
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2015 at 5:43 PM

holy moly, girl! That second one it looks like you have to hold it up!!!

Quoting ShellBeth:

I like it when my belly gets big because then it actually looks like I am pregnant and not just fat like right now HAHA. I always get HUGE.

Here was my first in September 2008

Here is my second - May 2010

And here was #3. This was 2 weeks before i had him and I still looked huge!

JennPearce
by on May. 5, 2015 at 5:46 PM

You were sooo cute and tiny!! I'm jealous lol! I was huge with all my other babies lol! I was in maternity clothes already with my 3rd by this point, so I'm hoping that's a good sign that I'm not blowing up too much yet. ;) 

Ferngully549
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2015 at 5:50 PM

I asked my OB, since I am skinny as a rail, if it was not a good thing to not gain weight and she said not gaining weight is really not the issue, the issue starts when I LOSE weight. I'm 5'9 so I don't show very much, in that picture I weighed 190! 

Quoting JennPearce:

You were sooo cute and tiny!! I'm jealous lol! I was huge with all my other babies lol! I was in maternity clothes already with my 3rd by this point, so I'm hoping that's a good sign that I'm not blowing up too much yet. ;) 

JennPearce
by on May. 5, 2015 at 5:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Here's me & dh when I was pregnant with my soon to be 8 yr old Julius! I was 8 months pregnant here :)

37 weeks with my 1st daughter Lana :) HUGE! Don't mind the mess in the background! Full nesting mode lol!

Here's 40 weeks with my youngest daughter Violet! She stayed in there for another 5 days lol

JennPearce
by on May. 5, 2015 at 5:56 PM

Oh wow! You'd never guess! I'm 5'8 and always end up 200lbs at the end. :( lol!

Quoting Ferngully549:

I asked my OB, since I am skinny as a rail, if it was not a good thing to not gain weight and she said not gaining weight is really not the issue, the issue starts when I LOSE weight. I'm 5'9 so I don't show very much, in that picture I weighed 190! 

Quoting JennPearce:

ele2837
by Erika on May. 5, 2015 at 6:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

The first picture is 40 weeks with my first, the day before I was induced. The second is about 39 weeks with my second, a couple days before she was born. My first was 7 lbs 1 oz, second was 8 lbs 9 ozs. My second was uncomfortable in a lot of ways at the end, but I think my first when I was smaller and baby was smaller was worse because she was balled up in my ribs and I had TERRIBLE heartburn. For me size wasn't the issue, baby's position made a bigger difference.

I never realized before that my last bump pictures with both pregnancies were taken in my grandmother's backyard.
SamGames23
by Sam on May. 6, 2015 at 12:13 AM
1 mom liked this

this was me at 40 weeks with my daughter. I like a big bump so I don't just look like fat lol. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)