Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 days! 20 days!

Posted by on May. 7, 2015 at 7:33 AM
  • 21 Replies

I will hopefully find out the gender in 20 days! I just found an elective ultrasound location that does not require an anatomy scan before they will check for the gender. I just made an appointment for 5/27 at 6:00!! I am so excited.

I am also nervous about gender disappointment though. I cried for days when I found out my last baby was a boy and then I felt horrible (still do feel horrible). I think I will be better this time because I would love for boy #3 to have a little brother to play with that is close in age like my first 2 boys. But - I want to buy dresses so badly! I am hoping that finding out a month earlier than I am suppose to will let me get all the sadness out early and go back to being excited haha.

Does anyone else have an appointment set?

by on May. 7, 2015 at 7:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
todmom92
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2015 at 7:40 AM
1 mom liked this
I have a regular appointment on the fifteenth. I'm hoping to schedule the ultrasound a few days later.
todmom92
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2015 at 7:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh and congrats and hopefull wishes for a cooperative baby lol.
Maries_Mommy112
by Member on May. 7, 2015 at 8:05 AM
1 mom liked this
Hopefully after my appt on the 25th I'll get another ultrasound.
ele2837
by Erika on May. 7, 2015 at 9:46 AM
1 mom liked this
I have an appointment June 20th. I will be 16 weeks. My SIL finds out May 23rd, so I'm counting down to that one right now. This will be my first niece or nephew so I'm crazy excited no matter what it is!
julieobug
by Julie on May. 7, 2015 at 10:22 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't have a appt set but we will be going in about 2 weeks for a elective ultrasound cuz I NEED TO KNOW lol
lovely.mess
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2015 at 10:30 AM

I wont have my appointment to find out the gender for awhile. But I can relate to your gender disappointment. I have 2 boys and would love a girl. I was upset ok I actually cried with my last one when they said he was a boy. My husband was all excited. But now we both want a girl, and yes I'm sure I'd be a little upset at first but really in the end I don't care as long as he/she is healthy

ShellBeth
by Michelle on May. 7, 2015 at 10:44 AM

I felt SO bad when I cried! I have a friend with 4 girls. She cried at her last ultrasound. I have a friend with 6 boys. She cried at the last 3. So after hearing that - I dont feel so bad! I love my little Leo Bug something fierce so I know I will love this baby if he is also a boy... but with 3 boys I REALLY need some pink and glitter!

Quoting lovely.mess:

I wont have my appointment to find out the gender for awhile. But I can relate to your gender disappointment. I have 2 boys and would love a girl. I was upset ok I actually cried with my last one when they said he was a boy. My husband was all excited. But now we both want a girl, and yes I'm sure I'd be a little upset at first but really in the end I don't care as long as he/she is healthy

tiffluv81
by on May. 7, 2015 at 12:49 PM

how far along will you be.

dizzy91
by Member on May. 7, 2015 at 1:16 PM

I felt the gender disappointment with my son. We were convinced we were having a girl, and we had everything picked out. Everyone in the family even had dreams of a little girl. 

When I found out I was having a boy, the hormones just took over. I cried and cried for a few weeks.

Then, I decided I wanted fried chicken from a place 200 miles away and I cried over that instead. 

Pregnancy is insane. Hormones are insane. It is such a normal feeling to get syked for one thing and feel the let down when you find out you're having something else. 

Good luck! I have no idea when or if I'll find out the gender of this baby. I want to know, but at the same time, this time around, I'm just excited to be pregnant!

MonkeyNbug
by Member on May. 7, 2015 at 1:37 PM
I'm hoping to find out at 14 weeks, so another 5 weeks for me.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)