Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TMI...... possibly

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 5:29 PM
  • 10 Replies
So a few weeks ago i noticed that i lost a very small part of my mucus plug. I know it doesn't really mean anything and it "grows" back. So i put it out of my mind.... Until today. I went to the bathroom earlier and when i wiped, there was more. Not just a little but a lot. Globs of it. I had to wipe 4 times just to get it all and this time it was tinged with blood. I thought ok cool my body is preparing which is awesome. But every time I've gone to the bathroom since then there is more. Its never ending. I'm not having any contractions and as far as i know my water is still intact. And again i know it could still be a few weeks. With my first i only lost a few pieces over a several week period and my 2nd i didn't lose it til i was already in labor. This is just weird for me lol.

Has anyone else experienced the never ending yuck or going through it now? Please tell me it'll stop and won't be an every bathroom time trip ordeal for the next few weeks....
by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 5:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tjane3000
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 5:47 PM
I never lost my plug with the other two before labor so I'm no help. I think you should be good as long as there are no contraxtions. I'd say if you start contracting though, don't wait to go in since you've lost so much plug. GL!!
tessak22
by Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 7:09 PM

Yes! I have been getting yuck for a few days and just now, I lost all of it. Pink tinged and a big fat glob of it. I think I was losing mine slowly and just now lost it all.

Ferngully549
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I have not dealt with that, I had to be induced with my first so nothing really natural happened. However during this pregnancy I discovered today that I have a huge swollen vagina :( I don't know which one I'd prefer at this point lol pregnancy is beautiful but not always pretty (or whatever the saying is).

SMG1120
by Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:16 PM
1 mom liked this
The doctor did say to only call if one of the following happened.... Regular contractions 4 to 5 minutes apart, baby not moving at all, heavy bleeding or water breaking. So unless one of those happen I'm just gonna sit tight and hope its soon lol

Quoting tjane3000: I never lost my plug with the other two before labor so I'm no help. I think you should be good as long as there are no contraxtions. I'd say if you start contracting though, don't wait to go in since you've lost so much plug. GL!!
SMG1120
by Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:19 PM
Its really kinda gross isn't it lol. Like i said this is new to me. Its never been this much and not all at once either. And it's never had blood in it either. Globs and globs of yuck lol

Quoting tessak22:

Yes! I have been getting yuck for a few days and just now, I lost all of it. Pink tinged and a big fat glob of it. I think I was losing mine slowly and just now lost it all.

SMG1120
by Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:23 PM
My body is weird. Once my water breaks everything stops. With my first my water broke first and nothing was happening so they started pitocin. With my second i had contractions first and they broke my water at 7 cm and everything stopped. After about an hour They started pitocin.

Maybe the swollenness is a sign lol

Quoting Ferngully549:

I have not dealt with that, I had to be induced with my first so nothing really natural happened. However during this pregnancy I discovered today that I have a huge swollen vagina :( I don't know which one I'd prefer at this point lol pregnancy is beautiful but not always pretty (or whatever the saying is).

Mzr6mo44
by Member on Oct. 9, 2015 at 9:45 AM
I had that happen with my first... My little guy was born a week later.. Pregnancy and birth are one of those crazy things... Wishing u the best!!& how far along are u?
SMG1120
by Member on Oct. 9, 2015 at 11:15 AM
I'll be 37 weeks on Sunday. I'm not hoping that I'll go into labor in the next few days or even week. I would like to make it to 38 weeks at least but less than 40. So some where in that 2 week time frame. Both my 1st two were born after 40 weeks.

Quoting Mzr6mo44: I had that happen with my first... My little guy was born a week later.. Pregnancy and birth are one of those crazy things... Wishing u the best!!& how far along are u?
Mzr6mo44
by Member on Oct. 9, 2015 at 11:25 AM
Just know when ever your baby makes their debut it's his or her time =) ... Ill say a prayer that baby stays cooking.. Good luck to you doll

Quoting SMG1120: I'll be 37 weeks on Sunday. I'm not hoping that I'll go into labor in the next few days or even week. I would like to make it to 38 weeks at least but less than 40. So some where in that 2 week time frame. Both my 1st two were born after 40 weeks.

Quoting Mzr6mo44: I had that happen with my first... My little guy was born a week later.. Pregnancy and birth are one of those crazy things... Wishing u the best!!& how far along are u?
SMG1120
by Member on Oct. 9, 2015 at 12:31 PM
Thanks. I know its all on baby lol but a girl can dream 😀

Quoting Mzr6mo44: Just know when ever your baby makes their debut it's his or her time =) ... Ill say a prayer that baby stays cooking.. Good luck to you doll

Quoting SMG1120: I'll be 37 weeks on Sunday. I'm not hoping that I'll go into labor in the next few days or even week. I would like to make it to 38 weeks at least but less than 40. So some where in that 2 week time frame. Both my 1st two were born after 40 weeks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)