Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello Everyone!

Posted by on May. 7, 2015 at 10:44 AM
  • 16 Replies

Hi, my name is Marie. Just thought I would introduce myself and let you guys know a little about me. I haven't been in to the Dr yet but as of now, I am due January 3rd with baby #4, which means I'll be having the baby in late December unless the drastically change my due date once I go to the Dr. I already have 3 boys; ages 6.5, 4.5 and 2 (in a week). I am  a mostly SAHM but I do substitute in the school district as a teacher's aide along with being a volunteer EMT/firefighter and teaching EMT skills to students. I live in upstate NY where it has finally reached temps over 30* so we are spending a lot of time outside because winter comes pretty quickly here. Now that I am a little less shocked I am starting to try and plan to see what we are going to need and hope for some good Black Friday sales since we got rid of EVERYTHING because we weren't planning on another baby. If you hae any questions for me, feel free to ask me anything!

by on May. 7, 2015 at 10:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GaBrIeLlEsMaMa
by Melody on May. 7, 2015 at 11:03 AM
Hello! I agree on the black Friday sales! I was 100% against having more kids, 4 girls is enough, so I gave away all baby things I accumulated over the years. Crib, swing, bouncer, pack and play, all the clothes, everything. I think the most we have is a few onsies my girls kept for their dolls.. Now we have to buy everything! Yikes!
lovin.my.boys
by on May. 7, 2015 at 11:09 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting GaBrIeLlEsMaMa: Hello! I agree on the black Friday sales! I was 100% against having more kids, 4 girls is enough, so I gave away all baby things I accumulated over the years. Crib, swing, bouncer, pack and play, all the clothes, everything. I think the most we have is a few onsies my girls kept for their dolls.. Now we have to buy everything! Yikes!

We still have the boys' crib but we are going to get a new one, they have beat the crap out of it! I had a bunch of clothes still but my BIL and his gf just had a baby boy in February so we gave most of it to them. We are also going to need a new car lol

GaBrIeLlEsMaMa
by Melody on May. 7, 2015 at 11:42 AM
We had to buy a mini van after the birth of #3..#4 came along and it got a little more cramped.. Now we have 1 open seat left which will be filled by #5.. I just need one of those big 12 passenger cargo vans.. lol..

Quoting lovin.my.boys:

Quoting GaBrIeLlEsMaMa: Hello! I agree on the black Friday sales! I was 100% against having more kids, 4 girls is enough, so I gave away all baby things I accumulated over the years. Crib, swing, bouncer, pack and play, all the clothes, everything. I think the most we have is a few onsies my girls kept for their dolls.. Now we have to buy everything! Yikes!

We still have the boys' crib but we are going to get a new one, they have beat the crap out of it! I had a bunch of clothes still but my BIL and his gf just had a baby boy in February so we gave most of it to them. We are also going to need a new car lol

lovin.my.boys
by on May. 7, 2015 at 12:13 PM
I'm hoping to avoid a mini van lol I'm pulling for a 3 row suv so I can have either all wheel or 4 wheel drive.

Quoting GaBrIeLlEsMaMa: We had to buy a mini van after the birth of #3..#4 came along and it got a little more cramped.. Now we have 1 open seat left which will be filled by #5.. I just need one of those big 12 passenger cargo vans.. lol..

Quoting lovin.my.boys:

courtneycra
by Courtney on May. 7, 2015 at 12:41 PM
Welcome and congrats :p!!! We have 5 kids so this will be our 6th, our youngest is 9 months, i wasnt expecting that we would try so soon, but after chatting me and my husband decided that being he will be 30 this yr and i will be 30 next year its best to go ahead and have our last baby, its bitter sweet, we are atill using wverything for our 9 month old at the moment and i got rid of swings, bassinet, bouncers so all of that will have to get again, and a new car seat. Were hoping for a girl. We are in the market for a 8 passenger vehicle now ohh boy
lovin.my.boys
by on May. 7, 2015 at 1:23 PM

This will be our last baby, too. I have always said that I didn't want to have any babies after I turned 30 and I will be 28 in 3 weeks so we were pretty close to it lol We weren't trying though. I was on the pill, so this was a pretty big shock.

Quoting courtneycra: Welcome and congrats :p!!! We have 5 kids so this will be our 6th, our youngest is 9 months, i wasnt expecting that we would try so soon, but after chatting me and my husband decided that being he will be 30 this yr and i will be 30 next year its best to go ahead and have our last baby, its bitter sweet, we are atill using wverything for our 9 month old at the moment and i got rid of swings, bassinet, bouncers so all of that will have to get again, and a new car seat. Were hoping for a girl. We are in the market for a 8 passenger vehicle now ohh boy

courtneycra
by Courtney on May. 7, 2015 at 1:48 PM
We decided to start trying in february, and march was the active month lol. there is just something about 30 that is crazy for me. He will be 30 in october and me in february. But you guys are happy about the pregnancy even though you werenon bc?

Quoting lovin.my.boys:

This will be our last baby, too. I have always said that I didn't want to have any babies after I turned 30 and I will be 28 in 3 weeks so we were pretty close to it lol We weren't trying though. I was on the pill, so this was a pretty big shock.

Quoting courtneycra: Welcome and congrats :p!!! We have 5 kids so this will be our 6th, our youngest is 9 months, i wasnt expecting that we would try so soon, but after chatting me and my husband decided that being he will be 30 this yr and i will be 30 next year its best to go ahead and have our last baby, its bitter sweet, we are atill using wverything for our 9 month old at the moment and i got rid of swings, bassinet, bouncers so all of that will have to get again, and a new car seat. Were hoping for a girl. We are in the market for a 8 passenger vehicle now ohh boy

1stTimeMom2bATL
by Member on May. 7, 2015 at 1:51 PM
Welcome! I'm Lisa and we're expecting our second lo the end of December!
lovin.my.boys
by on May. 7, 2015 at 4:04 PM

I'm starting to excited but still pretty shocked right now. It's probably going to take him a littlewhile longer than me to get used to the idea lol

Quoting courtneycra: We decided to start trying in february, and march was the active month lol. there is just something about 30 that is crazy for me. He will be 30 in october and me in february. But you guys are happy about the pregnancy even though you werenon bc?
Quoting lovin.my.boys:

Crazzzytega
by Carrie on May. 7, 2015 at 6:53 PM
Congrats!
We r expecting baby #6. We have 4 girls 21 (22 in June) 16,14, & 1 and we have a son who would of been 3 he passed from heart defect. So we are hoping for a boy. Never did I think we would have this many kids I always thought we were done after 3. I never wanted to be pregnant after 30 but it happened and when I had my son I knew we wanted at least one more and now here we are on baby #6.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)