Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Today is the day (3 hour glucose)

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 2:12 PM
  • 8 Replies

It's 1 pm and I haven't eaten since 7am, I already have an awful headache and feel like passing out. I do not do well with not eating at all, I go in for the test at around 6pm and I have no clue how this will pan out. I'm stressed out about this and being super hormonal and it's making me hate everyone, especially SO, who is extremely non empathetic, (He's not empathetic on a good day, I'm so sick of feeling like I'm doing this on my own. Emotionally I've been a single mom the last 4 years) has not been helping at all, as usual. I'm really thinking he might be a bit of a sociopath or something. I'm just so emotional and feel like crap. I think I'm gonna go to my moms this weekend, I desperately need to be taken care of and feel loved. Thanks for letting me vent, other than my mom I really don't have anyone else to talk to and it gets very lonely.

by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 2:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Crazzzytega
by Carrie on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:53 PM
That's a long time to go with out eating. Hope everything goes smoothly for u. Sorry ur SO isn't emotionally there for you. Hugs!
daisy_farts12
by Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:22 PM
He was better tonight, his problem is that he's just clueless.

After starving myself for 12 hours I couldn't even do the test, the Dr messed up the lab order. I'm about to just say forget it. They might be abl to do it Saturday, when I can do it early and it won't be as agonizing, if my Dr office will take their thumb out of their butts. They are always messing stuff up!
Augmama2be
by Chrissy on Oct. 13, 2015 at 2:12 PM
Who in the world schedules a 3 hr fasting glucose test for someone at 6 pm??? What was your doctor thinking?!
daisy_farts12
by Member on Oct. 14, 2015 at 1:08 AM

It wasn't scheduled. I go to the hospital lab which is open 24/7. That day was the best time I could go in without having to drag my son with me. Thanks to my drs office being a holes I could have gone in monday morning (df was off that day), but they screwed me again. So now I get to go in Thursday morning and drag my son along because the dr office is so incompetent they can't even get an order right. I have an appt friday and am planning to tear someone a new ass.

The day I went in at 6 I was so sick and shaky from not eating all day I could barely function, when I was turned away I almost didn't make it to the car before the tears came. I'll just have to do it in the morning and take ds, there's no way I can go all day again.

I really don't have anyone here and didn't want my poor 4 year old to be stuck there for 3.5 hours while I felt like death, but thanks to them I have no choice.

Quoting Augmama2be: Who in the world schedules a 3 hr fasting glucose test for someone at 6 pm??? What was your doctor thinking?!

AzariahsMother
by on Oct. 14, 2015 at 7:30 AM
LOL, this was my thought. Mine was a 2hr test because they said they don't do the 3hr anymore and I had to do mine at like 7am because of the eating factor.

Quoting Augmama2be: Who in the world schedules a 3 hr fasting glucose test for someone at 6 pm??? What was your doctor thinking?!
Augmama2be
by Chrissy on Oct. 16, 2015 at 10:02 PM
I'm sorry, I didn't mean that against you. I figured your Dr scheduled it. I hope everything works out for you :(

Quoting daisy_farts12:

It wasn't scheduled. I go to the hospital lab which is open 24/7. That day was the best time I could go in without having to drag my son with me. Thanks to my drs office being a holes I could have gone in monday morning (df was off that day), but they screwed me again. So now I get to go in Thursday morning and drag my son along because the dr office is so incompetent they can't even get an order right. I have an appt friday and am planning to tear someone a new ass.

The day I went in at 6 I was so sick and shaky from not eating all day I could barely function, when I was turned away I almost didn't make it to the car before the tears came. I'll just have to do it in the morning and take ds, there's no way I can go all day again.

I really don't have anyone here and didn't want my poor 4 year old to be stuck there for 3.5 hours while I felt like death, but thanks to them I have no choice.

daisy_farts12
by Member on Oct. 17, 2015 at 3:32 PM

No I figured you did. It seems everyone else gets a scheduled appts for tests, everywhere around here seems to be walkins. I'm pretty sure no dr would schedule it that late though, it wasn't worth feeling like death all day! I went in the other moprning and had to bring ds and it was miserable but we made it.

Quoting Augmama2be: I'm sorry, I didn't mean that against you. I figured your Dr scheduled it. I hope everything works out for you :(
Quoting daisy_farts12:

godsgirl26
by Member on Oct. 19, 2015 at 3:32 PM
I'm so glad my numbers came back right because if they hadn't I would have to gone in for the 3 hour test.. Out here the doctors seem to do their tests in the morning also. That sucks taking it early in the morning without eating. I'm such a crab if I hadn't eaten anything first thing in the morning.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)