Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Granulated tissue sore on back of neck, any suggestions for treating it?

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 2:53 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 414 Total Views
I just noticed yesterday that Robbie has a pretty significant sized sore of healthy granulated tissue on the back of his neck where his trach ties are constantly rubbing. The heat makes the rubbing worse so we've had our A/C and fans on him. Now I'm in the stage where I'm trying desperately to get it healing again. Right now I'm doing wet to dry gauze changes on him twice-three times a day. I've paged his primary doctor and she hasn't called me back. Robbie's night nurse recommeds getting a wound gel and padded dressing but I need a prescription for it so I'm kind of in a bind. I'm trying to find a plan of action that I can do for now until we get him into the doctor on Monday. That's a catch 22 though-it's an ENT appt. which is great but last time Robbie had a sore on his neck like this they admitted him so my husband and I are deathly afraid that he's going to be admitted. Unless of course I can get things under control and it doesn't look so bad. Any ideas what I can use besides Telfa and gauze?? It doesn't hurt him so were not in a crunch for time to get the right combinations of ointment and dressing but just would like your opinions on what eles I could try. The other reddness on his neck in the picture is just a result of the heat-looks a lot better than the picture shows. (Robbie has 74 degree curvature of spine-scoliosis,Larsen's Syndrome, Arthrogryposis, hypoplastic right lung, displaced heart, feeding tube, and ventilator dependent)
by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 2:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
krystinahailey
by Group Owner on Jul. 15, 2007 at 4:14 PM
try some powder to maybe cool it keep it soft so it won't stay so red and some gause on the sore part of it to keep it from draining on the powder
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)