Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

meet up ideas for the winter

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:56 PM
  • 21 Replies

With the cold weather here, it is harder and harder to come up with meet ups indoors.  Need help with ideas of places you would like to go in the Akron and surrounding areas for a meet up.

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Love4you2
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:01 PM

We haven't been to Amazone in a while so I'll probaby set something up there.

KatieB416
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:15 PM
Anywhere inside that Liv can run around and burn energy is preferred by me. Amazone, the inflatable insanity. I would even be up for a McD's or chick-FIL-a lunch date. I really want to go up to the Great Lakes Science Center, but that would probably be something I'd want hubby's help. Maybe a Christmas craft date. Anna's activities were a lot of fun. Something for kiddies to give to grandparents. I would help lead if we had a location.

I hope this is helpful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Love4you2
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:58 PM

Love the craft idea!   I'll look for gift ideas for grandparents, any suggestions?

carole76
by Group Admin on Nov. 10, 2011 at 8:24 AM

The Christmas tree event is back in Akron at the John Knight Center - thinking about doing a meet up out there.  Starts on the 18th - ends the weekend after Thanksgiving.

AJB220
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2011 at 3:29 PM

Medina has a nice library, children's area has books, train table and a few other table toys including puzzles and blocks.  Storytime too, although I'm not sure what time that starts. Amazone is always a possiblity, inflatable insanity is a bit far for us though. the BK has a playground inside it right by 71 in Medina, too.  I'm open to lunch dates!  Alex really enjoyed the natural history musem last year, too.

Love4you2
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2011 at 10:54 PM

Amy- do you know if the museum has a sponsored free day again?  I could look it up too- I'm just getting ready to take a test and might forget later!

AJB220
by Silver Member on Nov. 11, 2011 at 2:10 AM

Anna- I don't know but could definitely check it out! good luck on your test!

carole76
by Group Admin on Nov. 11, 2011 at 7:53 AM

I think every tuesday is free- but I would have to look it up and see

Love4you2
by Silver Member on Nov. 11, 2011 at 10:21 AM

It's the same as last year-  First Thursday of the month is free sponsored by Target.  I'll check my class schedule and see if I can do Dec. 1st. 

carole76
by Group Admin on Nov. 11, 2011 at 10:50 AM

let me know the date and I can add it to the calendar

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)