Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you running the Run to the beach, 5 k this weekend?

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:12 AM
  • 19 Replies
Gearing up for my first 5 k. I am excited and a little nervous to run my first 5 k, I have been training for the last 3 months, but the last 3 weeks I have been so busy at work, running is the last thing on my mind. So we will see how I do.
Are you running in this 5 k, or know someone that is?
How do you gear up for a 5k, do you carb up, train ect.?
Is there other races you do?
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Love4you2
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:59 AM

Yay, friends to run with!   This year they also have a half-marathon course, which I've never heard of before from a non-marathon race.  I like this 5K because the course is interesting through the wooded areas and then the final stretch is across the beach!   Get up early to stretch and eat something small- I usually go with a granola bar. Dress in layers, stay warm while warming up and be able to shed a layer to run.  Should be a good time!

KatieB416
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:38 PM
Good luck!!! I've ran outside the last 2 nights and felt like I was dying! Alright, slight exaggeration, but I'm pretty out of shape. I will do one this year. I just need to take training more serious.

Enjoy it! I know you'll both do great!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mdmooch
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:15 PM

Good luck!

carole76
by Group Admin on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:15 PM
Thanks everyone.
Katie I am also doing the mothers day race for the metro parks maybe you can do that one with me
KatieB416
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:08 PM
Is it actually on Mother's Day? I get two days a year that are devoted to me relaxing, one is my birthday (Portage Lakes 5k) and Mother's Day. Stop trying to prevent that from happening! Lol.

Seriously, our church does baby dedications that day, and I want M to get her cross to match O's. If its not, I'm very much interested :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carole76
by Group Admin on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:49 PM
No, it is on Mothers day. Bummer, we will have to find another fun run
carole76
by Group Admin on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:50 PM
Have you and Andrea figured out what you want for you b-day, girls night out?
CwgrlMama
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:14 PM
I wish I could get in shape to run these! I really don't see how you ladies find the time to go run. May be if Matt stays on 1st shift, I'll try after the baby since we're in a neighborhood now.
We had a relay run in Corpus called Beach to Bay. 6 person teams literally went from the beach to the bay. It was so much fun and since I ran Cross Country at the time, I could make it! Lol. Running over the huge bridge is a bit intimidating, but still a blast. ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carole76
by Group Admin on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:04 PM
1 mom liked this
That sounds like fun, yep after baby we are signing you up
carole76
by Group Admin on Apr. 20, 2012 at 10:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Getting myself ready, ot my outfit out, banana, just need to get a bottled water. Excited, I hope I do well, and the rain is not too bad.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)