Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My sister has the baby blues, please pray for her...

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:43 PM
  • 5 Replies
My sister lives in Alaska. She loves the area, but for the last two years she has been living in a Quanza hut, with no electricity or running water. In the winter, they have to leave their truck parked at the end of their drive and ride a 4 wheeler up to their hut. Did I mention she has 4 kids. The oldest is 5 youngest is a month old. How do you load 4 kids up on a 4 wheeler in the mud and snow. I got a call from my Dad today saying she is not herself, she sound worn down and just tired of living this way. She has to make a whole day of going to town, because it is too hard with the kids. She does showers, laundry, shopping all in one day.
I couldn't imagine not having a shower every day after just having a baby. I feel so bad for her, and this is by choice her and her husband live this way. They want to live dept free, and not reliant on others. My brother n law was supposed to find a spring so they would have running water, but this is the second year and he gets home so late, that he doesn't have the time to look. My sister thought this hut was just temporary for 6 to 8 months, and feels trapped now. I just feel helpless being so far away. My sister has been recently telling my parents she misses home, and wants to visit, but when my parents find a plane ride, she talks to my brother n law and all of a sudden she doesn't want to. I know it sounds like I am pointing my finger at my brother n law, he really is a nice guy, but he hates having to owe anyone, and even if my parents and his parents pay for my sister and kids to come home, he feels like he needs to pay them back. Plus every time my sister comes home, she seems like a happier person, but she would miss him for that month or two she would be gone.
Thanks for letting me share this, please if you can keep my sister in your prayers I would appreciate it very much.
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Mdmooch
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:12 PM

Awww...that has got to be a tough life especially with a newborn!  I don't know what I would do in that situation.  I will keep her in my prayers!

carole76
by Group Admin on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:29 PM
I just talked to her, sounds like she is going to try to come in around June, it will be cool to have her here for Cs birthday. I might be gone for a couple weeks in June and July to spend time with them
KatieB416
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:07 PM

Prayers that she gets to come home soon!

carole76
by Group Admin on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:14 PM
Thank you
Hyacinth72
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:43 PM
That kind of lifestyle would be very tough. Although rewarding for some, the break would be nice for her if she is able to come visit with the little ones.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)