Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thurs., May 17th - Memphis Kiddie Park (Rain date Fri., May 18th)

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:23 PM
  • 51 Replies

It looks like Thursday, May 17th is a good day to try out Memphis Kiddie Park.  If it rains, we will go the following day, Friday, May 18th.  We're thinking meet up in Fairlawn near I-77 around 9:30 or 10:00 am and car pool/follow each other up there to make it easier and more convenient.  It will take approximately 35 minutes to get there.  It is located at 10340 Memphis Ave, Brooklyn, OH 44144.  The park is small and has 11 rides, so even with multiple rides on each it should only be about 2 hours.  Rides are for children under 50 inches tall.

Each ride is a ticket. Ticket books with 25 tickets and coupons for the snack bar are $25.25. A strip of 10 tickets is $15.50. Individual tickets are $1.95. Tickets never expire, so you can save them for another trip. There is no entrance or parking fee. They also have miniature golf, which is $2.50 a person.

Like most parks, food and drink are not allowed in, so we were thinking of packing a lunch.  There is Big Creek Reservation Picnic area (part of the Cleveland Metroparks) right next door so we could head over there to eat lunch.

Let me know if anyone has any questions.  It's really easy to get there as well, if you would want to travel on your own.  I-77 North to I-480 West.  Exit I-480 at Tiedeman Rd. and turn right.  Follow Tiedeman until it ends (dead ends into Memphis).  Make a left on Memphis and it is directly in front of you on the right, almost on the corner of Memphis and Tiedeman.  They do have a little website if you want to check it out.

http://www.memphiskiddiepark.com/

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
carole76
by Group Admin on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:27 PM
Sounds great
CwgrlMama
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:49 PM
Already on my calendar. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Love4you2
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:25 AM

If we're not at Kalahari we'll plan to be there!

carole76
by Group Admin on Apr. 26, 2012 at 3:38 AM
Oh, I forgot about that Anna
Bangel23
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:55 PM

we should be fine to go that day. Although, we'll just go straight there....no car pooling needed since I live in Parma :)   Big Creek reservation is where we had our wedding reception, lol.  (we got married in Vegas)

SicilyShelly78
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I kind of miss Parma.  My grandparents lived in Parma the entire time I was growing up until about 10 years ago when they moved to Florida.  I also lived up there for a year, then in Middleburgh for a year.  It's been awhile since I've been up there.  I need to get up to Jack Frost soon.  I sooooo miss those donuts.

Love4you2
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Michelle, did you go to USA Skate growing up?  It's been gone forever, but I remember every elementary school celebration was held there!  :P

SicilyShelly78
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Oh my gosh!!!  I went there a few times.  We lived out of state most of the time I was growing up, but we'd come in over the summer for a week or so and usually around Christmas and we'd go there.  I was never that good at it, and I'm pretty sure that's where I broke my wrist when I was 8! lol

Love4you2
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Oh no!  :P 

Mdmooch
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 7:55 AM

Sounds like fun!  We will be there!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN