Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thurs., May 17th - Memphis Kiddie Park (Rain date Fri., May 18th)

It looks like Thursday, May 17th is a good day to try out Memphis Kiddie Park.  If it rains, we will go the following day, Friday, May 18th.  We're thinking meet up in Fairlawn near I-77 around 9:30 or 10:00 am and car pool/follow each other up there to make it easier and more convenient.  It will take approximately 35 minutes to get there.  It is located at 10340 Memphis Ave, Brooklyn, OH 44144.  The park is small and has 11 rides, so even with multiple rides on each it should only be about 2 hours.  Rides are for children under 50 inches tall.

Each ride is a ticket. Ticket books with 25 tickets and coupons for the snack bar are $25.25. A strip of 10 tickets is $15.50. Individual tickets are $1.95. Tickets never expire, so you can save them for another trip. There is no entrance or parking fee. They also have miniature golf, which is $2.50 a person.

Like most parks, food and drink are not allowed in, so we were thinking of packing a lunch.  There is Big Creek Reservation Picnic area (part of the Cleveland Metroparks) right next door so we could head over there to eat lunch.

Let me know if anyone has any questions.  It's really easy to get there as well, if you would want to travel on your own.  I-77 North to I-480 West.  Exit I-480 at Tiedeman Rd. and turn right.  Follow Tiedeman until it ends (dead ends into Memphis).  Make a left on Memphis and it is directly in front of you on the right, almost on the corner of Memphis and Tiedeman.  They do have a little website if you want to check it out.

http://www.memphiskiddiepark.com/

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:23 PM
Replies (31-40):
SicilyShelly78
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2012 at 10:53 AM
Well I'll just plan to meet there between 10:15 and 10:30 then! If anyone else is going and needs help finding their way, let me know.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Love4you2
by Silver Member on May. 16, 2012 at 10:30 AM

We're not going to make it.  I have to drive up there Friday for the race convention and possible again Saturday.  AND my driver's seat is stuck all the way forward in the car since it was detailed Monday- gotta get that fixed! 

SicilyShelly78
by Silver Member on May. 16, 2012 at 11:24 AM

Well, we'll see whoever can make it tomorrow, and we'll just have to schedule a weekend visit later in the summer so everyone else will get a chance!  See everyone else tomorrow!

CwgrlMama
by Gold Member on May. 16, 2012 at 12:09 PM
I may have to move to the tentative list. My throat is super sore and I'm feeling icky. Greg's been extra grouchy today and coughing for a while. None of us have fevers but I don't know how much fun we'd be. :( I don't even know if we're going to make it to story time this afternoon!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bangel23
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2012 at 12:14 PM

I'm still planning on going...hubby too, I think. :)

Bangel23
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2012 at 2:36 PM
1 mom liked this

The Bangel23 family to keep on eye out for, lol....names Tammy...don't think I've met anyone on here besides Anna.  I dug out the pools also. One was nicely stored in the attic, the other I found stuffed in a dirty corner of the garage...so needs to be cleaned. Didn't see how I can clean it without inflating it, and I don't have a pump, just my hot air, so I'm not inflating it, lol

SicilyShelly78
by Silver Member on May. 16, 2012 at 2:55 PM
2 moms liked this

Don't worry about inflating it!!  That's what I have a husband for! lol  Looking forward to meeting you.  Here's my family, but hubby won't be there.  My name is Michelle!  See you there tomorrow!

CwgrlMama
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2012 at 12:59 AM

I'm not happy about this! I've been looking forward to this for a while.  I have a really bad habit of pushing myself too far when I get sick then I just can't get over it.  Now, that being said, I should not be up right now, but in my "defense", I'm baking cookies for Mark's soccer coaches.  ;)

Hope y'all have fun!  Can't wait to get out there and experience it myself!  :)

carole76
by Group Admin on May. 17, 2012 at 3:20 AM
Love your family pics. Ladies.
Jenny, hope you feel better soon, don't wait too long to call the doctor, with being pregers and all.
SicilyShelly78
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2012 at 6:34 AM
Take care of yourself! We'll schedule a weekend visit soon and hopefully more can make it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)