Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Friend with hand and mouth disease

Posted by on May. 24, 2012 at 8:31 AM
  • 33 Replies
I just got a phone call from a friend saying she has hoof and mouth. I thought it was a animal only disease, and just feel so bad for my friend.
Do you know anything about this, I guess it is highly contagious.
Any suggestion for me to give my friend?
I am not leaving town again, too many of my friends are having health issues while I am out.
by on May. 24, 2012 at 8:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Love4you2
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2012 at 9:29 AM

Hand-Foot- Mouth Disease is viral, rash and fever.  My niece had it from daycare- I think it goes around the schools mostly. 

CwgrlMama
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2012 at 9:40 AM
I think it's very unusual to get symptoms as an adult. I had a friend back home whose daughter got it about once a month for close to 6 months. I felt so bad for him and her!! I didn't realize until she started getting it that it had a human strain.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carole76
by Group Admin on May. 24, 2012 at 11:39 AM
I called my friend and she just got back from myrtle beach when her kids started seeing symtoms. Now two weeks later, the whole family has it. I guess it is a bad form of chicken pox
Juanita679
by on May. 24, 2012 at 11:42 AM
bump

Love4you2
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2012 at 1:59 PM

What?  Chicken Pox is much worse! 

carole76
by Group Admin on Jun. 27, 2012 at 2:35 PM
Wow, just in the last two months I have had three friends that children came down with this. This is crazy. I guess it is pretty bad this year. I called my doctor to see what signs to look for in my children. It is just a nasty virus, you have to just ride out this and give you child tylonal. Just crossing my fingers my kids don't get this.
SicilyShelly78
by Silver Member on Jun. 28, 2012 at 7:39 PM
Mysterious sickness in my house for the last week. I've had a weird rash. Rushed to the doc this afternoon with my almost 3yo with 105 fever and the shakes. Turns out everyone here has hand foot mouth! It's going to be a long weekend!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mdmooch
by Silver Member on Jun. 28, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Hope everyone feels better soon Michelle!

carole76
by Group Admin on Jun. 28, 2012 at 8:35 PM
Yikes, I never heard of this till 2 months ago. Just tonight I got a blister in my mouth, but no fever.... Not sure if I got it, or just a reaction to pineapple.
carole76
by Group Admin on Jun. 28, 2012 at 8:37 PM
Michelle, hope they get over this real soon.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN