Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Friend with hand and mouth disease

Posted by on May. 24, 2012 at 8:31 AM
  • 33 Replies
I just got a phone call from a friend saying she has hoof and mouth. I thought it was a animal only disease, and just feel so bad for my friend.
Do you know anything about this, I guess it is highly contagious.
Any suggestion for me to give my friend?
I am not leaving town again, too many of my friends are having health issues while I am out.
by on May. 24, 2012 at 8:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Love4you2
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2012 at 9:29 AM

Hand-Foot- Mouth Disease is viral, rash and fever.  My niece had it from daycare- I think it goes around the schools mostly. 

CwgrlMama
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2012 at 9:40 AM
I think it's very unusual to get symptoms as an adult. I had a friend back home whose daughter got it about once a month for close to 6 months. I felt so bad for him and her!! I didn't realize until she started getting it that it had a human strain.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carole76
by Group Admin on May. 24, 2012 at 11:39 AM
I called my friend and she just got back from myrtle beach when her kids started seeing symtoms. Now two weeks later, the whole family has it. I guess it is a bad form of chicken pox
Juanita679
by on May. 24, 2012 at 11:42 AM
bump

Love4you2
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2012 at 1:59 PM

What?  Chicken Pox is much worse! 

carole76
by Group Admin on Jun. 27, 2012 at 2:35 PM
Wow, just in the last two months I have had three friends that children came down with this. This is crazy. I guess it is pretty bad this year. I called my doctor to see what signs to look for in my children. It is just a nasty virus, you have to just ride out this and give you child tylonal. Just crossing my fingers my kids don't get this.
SicilyShelly78
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 7:39 PM
Mysterious sickness in my house for the last week. I've had a weird rash. Rushed to the doc this afternoon with my almost 3yo with 105 fever and the shakes. Turns out everyone here has hand foot mouth! It's going to be a long weekend!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mdmooch
by Silver Member on Jun. 28, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Hope everyone feels better soon Michelle!

carole76
by Group Admin on Jun. 28, 2012 at 8:35 PM
Yikes, I never heard of this till 2 months ago. Just tonight I got a blister in my mouth, but no fever.... Not sure if I got it, or just a reaction to pineapple.
carole76
by Group Admin on Jun. 28, 2012 at 8:37 PM
Michelle, hope they get over this real soon.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)