Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Summer Movie Club

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 8:09 PM
  • 13 Replies

I bought a pass for the Summer Movie Club at our movie theater and we went today.  They showed Rio and we had a great time!  There were so many people there, but the theater wasn't too crowded.  We bought a pass for 10 movies for $5 per person.  If you don't buy a pass it is $1 per person.  The next movie is next Tuesday.  They will be showing Kung Fu Panda 2 at 10am.  I know it is quite a hike for everyone, but if anyone ever wants to go with us let me know!  I will post every week what movie is playing.  It was nice today since it was so hot out.  We were able to get out of the house and do something fun.  They are running the movies through August.

by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 8:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
carole76
by Group Admin on Jun. 19, 2012 at 8:55 PM
Next Tuesday we have vacation bible school, but maybe the following week, where is the theatre at?
Mdmooch
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 9:07 PM

It is the Aurora Cinemark 10. I thought if anyone is interested since it is a long drive we could also do lunch after.

Mdmooch
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 9:08 PM

It is in Aurora, not far from the outlets.

carole76
by Group Admin on Jun. 19, 2012 at 9:10 PM
I am game if you can set this up for the following week. I usually go to kent with my kids, the have a very kid friendly movie theatre and on Monday, everyone get free popcorn. It is only like another 10 minute drive from Kent to go to this one. Let's do it
Mdmooch
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 9:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds good Carole!  I am going to post every week the movie for that week and see who wants to come!  In two weeks it is Despicable Me.

Love4you2
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 10:05 PM

I'll tell hubby, he's home with the Tuesdays and they love Kung Fu Panda!  I doubt he'd be up for lunch though-  he's not the friendly type.  : /

KatieB416
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 10:36 PM
The Cinemark in North Canton is offering the same deal! Their matinees are $1.50 every day, so it's not much of a discount there.

O only seems to like princess movies. We took her to see the Lorax, and she wanted to leave when she was done with her popcorn.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Love4you2
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:04 AM

The Lorax was a little more advanced- even DD had a hard time following between the Oncler's story and the new plot.  I'll have to check into these movie deals. I'm afraid to spend a lot taking DS because I'm not sure he'll sit through a movie and I don't want to have to make DD leave halfway through either. 

Mdmooch
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:02 AM

Anna, the movies are only $1 a person so if you did go sometime and had to leave it is not that much.  I bought the pass so for us the movies are only $ .50.

Mdmooch
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:02 AM

I will still post every week and if anyone wants to join us, that would be great!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)