Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Farmer's Market

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 12:19 PM
  • 10 Replies
I saw a sign for a Farmer's Market in the parking lot of the Akron General Wellness center across the street from me but I want able to go this week. Anyone know if it's any good? Are there any others within a reasonable driving distance of the Fairlawn/Copley area? Back home, there's a large grocery store chain that buys all local produce so it's gorgeous and fresh and I never needed to do the Farmer's markets. I feel the need to at least look here though!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 12:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
carole76
by Group Admin on Jun. 21, 2012 at 2:25 PM
I think Acme buys local, and the mustar seed? I think but not sure.
CwgrlMama
by Gold Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 2:42 PM
I have started going to Acme for produce and milk. They have better prices and selection. I didn't realize they bought locally, but it does make sense! I think Mark is at the age where he'd dig a Farmer's Market too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AJB220
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 3:01 PM
Medina has a nice farmers market, saturdays, in square area 9 till 1 pm till november
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CwgrlMama
by Gold Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 3:48 PM

That would be perfect! I may be really tired by the end of this Saturday!! Lots of plans all of the sudden.  lol.

Quoting AJB220:

Medina has a nice farmers market, saturdays, in square area 9 till 1 pm till november

Mdmooch
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 4:59 PM

We go to the one in Hudson on Saturdays.  I know that is a bit of a drive for you, but if you are ever up this way it is very nice.

CwgrlMama
by Gold Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 5:42 PM
I was looking forward to that one when we lived in Stow!! We may do that one of these weekends. I'm sure I'll want some yummy stuff for our drive so I'll need to go somewhere next weekend too. ;)

Quoting Mdmooch:

We go to the one in Hudson on Saturdays.  I know that is a bit of a drive for you, but if you are ever up this way it is very nice.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SicilyShelly78
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 6:21 PM
There is a wonderful little farm market that's open every day in the valley. I can't spell the name but it's Szalays, or something very close. They are on the corner of Riverview Rd. and Bolanz Rd. From Copley it would take you about 15 minutes. They have wonderful fruit and amazing sweet corn. They also have a homemade apple butter which is unbelievable! I love it pretty much everything they have and it's affordable. I got 6 ears of corn, a cantelope, two bunches of bananas, 5 mangos and a pint of cherry tomatoes for $10.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carole76
by Group Admin on Jun. 21, 2012 at 6:59 PM
Yes, we just went on Sat., while bike riding. We bought corn, apples, and popcorn. Nice having it on the bike trail.
Love4you2
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 8:59 PM

On Fridays at lunch time, Szalay's has fresh roasted corn and ice cream cones too.  I did that as a walking group meet-up last year-  we should put that on the calendar for this summer too!

Kirven3
by Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 11:32 PM
Yummy Szalays corn mmmmmmmm
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN