Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Having a guy night vs having a girls night out!

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 8:57 AM
  • 4 Replies
My hubby works hard, so I can stay home with the kids. He tells me this all the time. I understand, but he goes out with the guys at least one a month. I get to go out with the girl, hummmmm it's been so long I can't remember. Oh yeah I went out in March for 3 hours.
Why do guys act like they never get out much?
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 8:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Bangel23
by Bronze Member on Jun. 23, 2012 at 9:40 AM
My hubby acts like he doesn't really do anything either. Stopping for a drink and 'watching the end of the game' after work count to me. That seems more exciting to me than the half hour at walmart i got. Lol.
He rarely gets out anymore for all day things like golf outings, so i think in his mind, he does nothing.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SicilyShelly78
by Silver Member on Jun. 23, 2012 at 9:56 AM
My husband has recently taken up hiking. I'm glad he's getting out because honestly he doesn't go out with any guys or anything like that. But when I'm at home dealing with 3 screaming, fighting kids and I get pictures and videos on my phone of waterfalls and he says how beautiful and peaceful it is and how I should be there it really annoys me! I'd love to be there, but there's no one to watch all the kids, and I can't take them with us. The other day we were talking about me getting into an exercise routine. He's been on me for awhile, and I need it. But I don't have the time to go somewhere, plus I'm really self concious. So he got an exercise bike from his dad for me. I told him I was going to start every day but I was going to do it after work before I made dinner. He can watch the kids for 30 minutes so I can have peace and work out. His response? Not, great, no problem, I'm behind you. He says, "as long as it doesn't interfere with hiking." Needless to say, I have yet to be able to work out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CwgrlMama
by Gold Member on Jun. 23, 2012 at 1:33 PM
My DH doesn't go anywhere, but he does tend to stay in the rooms weren't not in once he gets home. He doesn't eat dinner with us most of the time and he does "take a run" almost everyday. I tried to gather everyone up for a family walk so I could get some movement and he didn't want to go. Needless to say, me walking with a 5yo and 2yo did not result in much movement...! I don't understand it either. Wonder if they do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AJB220
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 8:17 AM

yeah, my dh goes out to his friend's house after work about 1x a month, except he work till 6-6 pm, so then he stays there till about 1 am and he usually does that on weekends he does have off (he gets about every other one off), so elast he's home the next day but either he's sleeping or cranky the next day. I get to meanwhile go out never I suppose. 
He has mentioned that I don't ever get to go out and he would like to change that, but it never seems to. I think I'm too willing to be accommodating is the other problem.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN