Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hail storm brings many visitors to my neighborhood.

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 5:04 PM
  • 7 Replies
Wow, I can't believe how many people have been by my house trying to sell services pertaining to the hail storm.
Just crazy, local contractors, people that are storm chasers. Everyone wanted permission to look at your home for damage promising you they will get you more work done for what the insurance pays.
Isn't this what is wrong with the world. I know people need work, but I not going to go with some no namer, that I have no idea what type of work they will do. The news is already warning people of the 1 800 scams. Make sure if you go with one of these I get this done cheap for you, that you do your homework first.
Cheap doesnt mean better.
Did you have damage done, are you having to file a claim? How long is too long to wait to file a claim? Do you take pictures, or just wait it out and see what a contractor, or an adjuster says?
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 5:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Bangel23
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 6:34 PM
We got all that last summer with flood stuff. I don't think door to door should be legal now a days!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carole76
by Group Admin on Jul. 5, 2012 at 7:35 PM
I hear ya
MNitz
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 9:47 PM
1 mom liked this

You're right, a lot of them are storm chasers.  They might be from out of state, but their vehicle will have a local number on it so you feel safe.  Then you pay them to do work and they never come back.   I say steer clear of the door to door people.

carole76
by Group Admin on Jul. 5, 2012 at 9:59 PM
Yeah, yikes!
toopicky429
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 11:21 PM
It is a scam. Don't let them in your house or on your roof. My husband is a contractor, and he said they go on roofs and rip off shingles promising a new roof. A good insurance claims adjuster can tell when they've been torn off manually.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KatieB416
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 11:43 PM
I don't trust ANYONE that goes door-to-door. I don't care who you are, or what your selling, or what religion you want me to believe. It's not my thing.

They cracking down on handlers around Akron. I agree, isn't door-to-door a bigger invasion.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KatieB416
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 11:44 PM
They *are* cracking
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN