Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do?

Posted by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 10:05 AM
  • 5 Replies
I am at my wits end, my almost 4 year old keeps taking baby wipes and wasting them on her baby dolls, and other toys. Both my husband and I have explained to her when she takes these, that it is a waste of money, and the more she takes the less toys she can get in the future, and she still does it. Today she is going to a friends birthday, and I am tempted not to take her because she has done this so much, and obviously no punishment up to this point is working.

Would you keep your little one home from a fun event, if you had this situation?
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 10:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Hyacinth72
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this
I think keeping her home from the party actually punishes the birthday girl. If it were me, I would take away a favorite toy or put the wipes out of reach. G has to take his inhaler twice a day everyday and the medicine is over 100.00 a month and I get so upset if he goofs off and pulls the mask away during treatment resulting in a wasted dose. He will then lose a privilege.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AJB220
by Silver Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 11:27 AM

We have punished Alex with missing something special we said we were gonna do for behavior although not as special as a birthday party( ice cream or getting a special toy or etc)  not sure if it actually worked on him but least we feel like we're being consistent!

CwgrlMama
by Gold Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 10:56 PM
What about giving her a different option? I saw something about using an old box and getting rags that were shaped like wipes. You can fold them up so that they pull out just like wipes and can be re-used over and over. I think it was on Pinterest. Don't know if I can link from my phone but I'll look in a bit and see if I can.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CwgrlMama
by Gold Member on Jul. 14, 2012 at 1:35 AM
I don't know if this will work or not.
http://pinterest.com/pin/29695678763469803/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carole76
by Group Admin on Jul. 14, 2012 at 7:45 AM

thanks everyone

jenny, neat idea

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)