Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My neighbor back in ICU!

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 4:48 PM
  • 7 Replies
My neighbor has been in and out of the hospital, and rehab for the last 2 months. She fell down in her driveway2 months ago, and hit her head, arm, and hip pretty bad. She quickly got better, and other than her left arm being broke, she got home and was doing great. While at home last week, she fell down going to the bathroom, and then the next day took a harder fall in her living room. Needless to say she ended back up in the hospital. She had bleeding on the brain, and had surgery last week to drain the blood. She got put in a regular room, and was making great progress. She was admitted last night to rehab, she sat up to eat dinner, and got short of breate, now she is back in ICU. It is not looking good, she is on life support, and has pneumonia. I feel so bad for her daughter, she works and lives n Cleveland and running herself ragged. They could sure use some thoughts and prayers. Thanks
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 4:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
CwgrlMama
by Gold Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 10:27 PM
O wow!! I'm so sorry she and her daughter are going through this!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Love4you2
by Silver Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Sorry to hear this about Colleen!  She is such a sweet lady.  Let me know if you need me for anything tomorrow.

carole76
by Group Admin on Jul. 16, 2012 at 7:17 AM
Thanks ladies, Anna I may take you up on that offer. I got to o to the hospital yesterday, but I wouldn't mind heading back today to make sure her daughter eats and rest.
carole76
by Group Admin on Jul. 17, 2012 at 8:38 AM
1 mom liked this
Good news!
My neighbor was taken off life support and doing well breathing on her own, she is being moved today into a regular room. Such great news, thanks everyone for you thoughts and prayers.
MadisonRosesMom
by Member on Jul. 17, 2012 at 9:53 AM
Praying for you and your neighbor. I hope she is doing better.
carole76
by Group Admin on Jul. 17, 2012 at 3:31 PM
Rough night last night for her, she is back on the breathing machine. I really thought she was back. Crazy how she was moving around, and laughing with everyone. Two steps foward, three steps back.
carole76
by Group Admin on Jul. 20, 2012 at 9:54 AM
Not looking good, her heart is having issues, and she does not want to be put back on life support, so if she has trouble breathing anymore, she doesn't want assistance. So sad, but she has lived a pretty good life, and has made her mark on the world. She is a very special lady. She would do anything and everything for a friend and neighbor. The kids see her as another grandmother. It will be very hard with my oldest to explain.
Thanks everyone for your prayers.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN